Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

This thread could be considered questionable. However, I just bought a pair of shorts from Prometheus Design Werx. They're amazing. HOWEVER, they don't make pants in my size (42). So, these shorts are light, stretchy, have cargo pockets galore, and are made in USA. Looking to see if anyone has recomendation in clothing brands ya'll wear that may be similiar. I've got some north face convertible pants but they're a little swishy (like stiff) and not comfortable to wear for days.

Basically looking for these.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

When I’m not climbing, hiking or doing a lot of moving around outside I tend to want a stronger pant or pair of shorts - something rugged that can take a beating. I just bought a pair of Helly-Hansen Essential Canvas shorts and absolutely love them. I ended up replacing all of my shorts with them short thereafter. Typical old school canvas feel and ruggedness. I wouldn’t recommend them for exercising, but they are perfect for overlanding, camping, outdoor work, etc. They come in pants as well. Hell, they even look good.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Here are the 2 I have; the Kuhl Renegade and 5.11 TacLite Pro. The Kuhl is an all synthetic pant that the legs zip off...very light weight. The 5.11 is a 60/40 poly cotton blend which is a little stiffer than the Kuhl but do soften after time. My 5.11 pants are over 12 years old and still kicking. The Kuhls I've had for a year and a half and show no wear.
Cargo Pants.jpg

justafish

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oceanside, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Prana Zion pants are my go to. comfortable, tough (made for rock climbing/hiking), and most importantly stretchy!

rzims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Sims
2nd vote for the Prana zion....comfy and seem to be long wearing...Ione of my pair, 've had for 4 years now and they're still going strong.

Reactions: justafish

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
these are comfortable and very durable

justafish

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oceanside, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Reactions: Wallygator

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
I had 2 pairs of these, i would spend the extra $ on the Zions any day. I don't hate the wranglers, but you def get what you pay for.(ie the seems will come apart within a few wears) like rzims said, the Zions will last for years to come.
Weird I have some that are probably 10 years old. Even if they last two years. They are a little over 20 bucks