Okieflyr

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Philadelphia
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Barnes
I’m in bucks county any recommendations I have a mostly stock 2016jku can’t wait to get out and do some overland camping
We usually land at site 69 on the edge of the forest given the distance we travel. Most of the time firewood is pretty picked over. It’s considered a group site and has lot’s of room and sun.

We’ve done #47 a number of times and it is up at about 2000 feet close to the Treaster vista.

gx470_aaron

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Moss Point, MS, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoke
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone! Aaron here. I’m moving to Reading in a few weeks from the west coast. Can’t wait to see all the beautiful country out that way and meet some like minded people hopefully. Here is my ride. It’s a 2007 Lexus GX470 I’ve been building. Some major upgrades after I make it out that way.
Hi Aaron,

you will only be about 20min form where I live it would be fun to meet up sometime.

Rich
Hey Rich,
Sounds good to me! I’ll post in here once I get all settled in out there.

Reactions: riss800

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Anyone doing the Jeep pumpkin run in Oxford on Oct 16? I’m planning on going to it for the obstacle course.
It was a good day playing. Hope to see some of you next year!

Attachments

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Hey everyone! Aaron here. I’m moving to Reading in a few weeks from the west coast. Can’t wait to see all the beautiful country out that way and meet some like minded people hopefully. Here is my ride. It’s a 2007 Lexus GX470 I’ve been building. Some major upgrades after I make it out that way.
Welcome! Make sure you hit the frame and under body with Fluid Film or Woolwax before winter comes. Road salt will get to it fast. I can show you the frame of my GX if you want to know what happens when you don't! :grimacing:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I will for sure have to. Didn't realize it was about the same drive as bald eagle. Have you done any scouting of campsites there?
Darn it. I thought Reading was further North...guess Loyalsock is not much closer.

Once you get to Bald Eagle...you can drive right to Rothrock...i have information here about how the 2 connect. And Moshannon or The Pine Creek area also are closeScreenshot_20211029-144221.png

Reactions: eroyar23

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Welcome! Make sure you hit the frame and under body with Fluid Film or Woolwax before winter comes. Road salt will get to it fast. I can show you the frame of my GX if you want to know what happens when you don't! :grimacing:
How much did it take to cover the under carriage? I definitely need to get the Jeep done before the snow starts.

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

How much did it take to cover the under carriage? I definitely need to get the Jeep done before the snow starts.
They say a gallon covers one truck. I usually get away with 4 spray cans of Fluid Film because I don't have a spray gun. I don't get full coverage out of those 4 cans though, just the frame and most suspension parts. If you have multiple vehicles that need covered, might be worth using an air spray gun and buying by the gallon.

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
They say a gallon covers one truck. I usually get away with 4 spray cans of Fluid Film because I don't have a spray gun. I don't get full coverage out of those 4 cans though, just the frame and most suspension parts. If you have multiple vehicles that need covered, might be worth using an air spray gun and buying by the gallon.
Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

Reactions: Arailt

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Wexford, PA (north of Pittsburgh) to Dallas, Texas. Made the trip in my GX about 3 weeks ago. She was thirsty!
Haha I bet! I know where Wexford is but I know where Dallas, Pa is as well.

Hope you enjoy DFW and the rest of Texas. I have family/friends in that monstrous state and I know I enjoy it whenever I get there.

Reactions: Arailt

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Haha I bet! I know where Wexford is but I know where Dallas, Pa is as well.

Hope you enjoy DFW and the rest of Texas. I have family/friends in that monstrous state and I know I enjoy it whenever I get there.
Thanks! We're experiencing our first ice storm right now. It's hilarious how a half inch of freezing rain brings everyone to a standstill.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits