Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
I would be interested in a weekend trip. I have been to both places but like you there are only a few road that I have explored.
I've only explored Poe Paddy Drive, Strings Mountain Rd, and Treaster Valley Rd. We came in from Millhiem and ended in Glen Iron, We stopped at the overlooks on Poe Paddy into the state park then went out the dirt rd to Strongs Mountain Rd. We called it when we hit Treaster Valley Rd and headed back to camp at Bald Eagle State Park.

DunkleX9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dunkle
Last Name
X9
Member #

Philadelphia Pa here.
Finally got a vehicle for off roading and would love to check out bald eagle and other places for some nice overlanding and camping. My schedules always in rotation but with enough planning I’m down for a trip.7DF1A602-9935-4711-A1CC-EB2EB410DE28.jpeg

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Just a reminder but if anyone is planning anything in a Pennsylvania State Forest or Park you will have to keep the number of people under 10 or you will need a Letter of Authorization from DCNR for the group. If you proceed without one and they stop you there will be fines.

DunkleX9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dunkle
Last Name
X9
Member #

Just a reminder but if anyone is planning anything in a Pennsylvania State Forest or Park you will have to keep the number of people under 10 or you will need a Letter of Authorization from DCNR for the group. If you proceed without one and they stop you there will be fines.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up

riss800

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reinholds, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Risser
Member #

Thanks for the heads up on the group size! I also camping in the State Forrest is free but you need to do the registration for the Forrest district that you will be in. There is also a group size limit for camping as well but don't remember the exact number right now.

DunkleX9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dunkle
Last Name
X9
Member #

I’ll look into all that at some point. My plan is for the beginning of summer or spring maybe so I have time to plan(for myself anyway).

I’ve done other car club meet ups in the past and not too many people turn up...so I doubt we’ll have issues with numbers.

Reactions: riss800

riss800

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reinholds, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Risser
Member #

I have been planning a route for BESF & RothRock SF but need to connect them some how. I have traveled pert of the route and it was fun but one one or two easy technical sections. Also have a route planed for Michaux SF that I have done part of. I am usually with my son which limits my time on the trail some but I like having him out there with me. Maybe we could collaborate and put sometime together, I have been trying to meet other overlanders/off road enthusiast. I am new to most of this, have a lot to learn and it is hard to take risk to learn from when you are out there all by yourself.

Reactions: DevilDodge

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Hey everybody, we have officially landed in Mechanicsburg PA. Looking forward to meeting everyone up here and hitting the trails. I chatted with the folks at Appalachian Brewing Company and they have the indoor space and the parking lot to support a Rally Point. Anyone interested in that? It’s pretty central in the state.
ABFAE560-5BA1-445C-A8C2-7C11078C6909.jpeg

We are definitely up for some trips to BaldEagle and wherever else too.

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Hey everybody, we have officially landed in Mechanicsburg PA. Looking forward to meeting everyone up here and hitting the trails. I chatted with the folks at Appalachian Brewing Company and they have the indoor space and the parking lot to support a Rally Point. Anyone interested in that? It’s pretty central in the state.
View attachment 135958

We are definitely up for some trips to BaldEagle and wherever else too.
Welcome. I'd be interested in doing something like that as well.

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
I’ll look into all that at some point. My plan is for the beginning of summer or spring maybe so I have time to plan(for myself anyway).

I’ve done other car club meet ups in the past and not too many people turn up...so I doubt we’ll have issues with numbers.
I think if we would plan something somewhere we should get the authorization just to be safe then we dont have to wait last minute to get it.

DunkleX9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dunkle
Last Name
X9
Member #

I think if we would plan something somewhere we should get the authorization just to be safe then we dont have to wait last minute to get it.
Sounds good to me. I have to wait til feb-March before I can see what days I can take off but we can start spit balling ideas and planning and seeing who’s interested and what days are good

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have been planning a route for BESF & RothRock SF but need to connect them some how. I have traveled pert of the route and it was fun but one one or two easy technical sections. Also have a route planed for Michaux SF that I have done part of. I am usually with my son which limits my time on the trail some but I like having him out there with me. Maybe we could collaborate and put sometime together, I have been trying to meet other overlanders/off road enthusiast. I am new to most of this, have a lot to learn and it is hard to take risk to learn from when you are out there all by yourself.
So, you got me thinking. Sometimes when you wander you never really care where you are, just that you are somewhere.

Well,this explains why I felt like I knew Rothrock, just didn't get the name. Well, I have been all over it in various forms over the last 20 years.

And then you got me thinking...they are right next to each other...kinda split at the end of Rothrock and the Begining of Bald Eagle by route 322.

So, onto this adventure. Thank you for making me think.

This is gonna be fun when the planning is done and the truck is in the forest.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer

2 of my threads. Please join in and brainstorm with me...or point me in the right direction...or just travel along in the dream.

DunkleX9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dunkle
Last Name
X9
Member #

2 of my threads. Please join in and brainstorm with me...or point me in the right direction...or just travel along in the dream.
Looks good so far