Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

I’m heading out to the Ozark national forest from South Texas November 9-13. Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in joining on my trip.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I love the Ozarks. Planning to head there at some point this winter/fall myself

Reactions: csacco

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I've been up that way once in my Jeep. Little nervous about the crossings with the taco though

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Well ive planted the seed in my wifes head so one way or another we will be up there 9th and 10th. If you want us to meet in texarkana or something let me know.

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

Well ive planted the seed in my wifes head so one way or another we will be up there 9th and 10th. If you want us to meet in texarkana or something let me know.
Coming from Corpus its a 12 hour drive, my wife and i are planing on leaving Friday afternoon and covering some of the distance. I was maybe thinking of going to Hot Springs ORV Park to earn my jeep badges on my way up but im not sure. What i am looking to do is spend a few nights off road in woods in the national forest. I have been trying find a good GPX file to do that.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Coming from Corpus its a 12 hour drive, my wife and i are planing on leaving Friday afternoon and covering some of the distance. I was maybe thinking of going to Hot Springs ORV Park to earn my jeep badges on my way up but im not sure. What i am looking to do is spend a few nights off road in woods in the national forest. I have been trying find a good GPX file to do that.
if we dont meet up this is likely where we will be spending the night.

35°39'59.0"N 93°58'32.7"W
Shores Township, AR

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

any recommendations to someone who has never been
Lots of google maps , offline maps and nfs mvum to figure out what trails are open. Generally in ouachita and ozarks you can camp anywhere within 150ft of the forrest road, so i go on google find a area and trails that interest me then check the mvum to be sure they are open trails and not closed or private

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Other reccomendations are to touch up on bear and mnt lion safety cuz they have em there, watch out for 2 legged predators its not uncommon for people to grow illegal cannabis plots deep in the mountains and moonshine is still a thing they aint too friendly if you get too close . Id reccomend having another rig or rigs to help with recovery if needed and safety in numbers against any criminals. Im not trying to scare you or nuthin we go alone pretty much always just things to be aware of if out in the woods.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Do you mean water crossings? They arent too bad this time of year might get the frame wet thats about it unless you know something i dont.
Yeah I've only been up that way once but people always warn about deep water crossings up there.. Maybe that's just in the spring

Wandering Yeti

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Little Rock, AR, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Kieliszewski
Member #

I’m heading out to the Ozark national forest from South Texas November 9-13. Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in joining on my trip.
I live in the Little Rock area and am interested. I have to see about work schedule once it gets a week out.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm out sadly. The wife has be on chore duty