Launch Member

Enthusiast III

St Andrews, UK
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Hi all - just to say that I phoned Stonethwaite campsite this morning. They're not 100% sure when they're going to be open, but are expecting to re-open on Saturday 4 July. That's good for this weekend, although might affect some people's travel plans (eg I was intending on driving down from Scotland on Friday 3rd and camping that night).

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

Hi all - just to say that I phoned Stonethwaite campsite this morning. They're not 100% sure when they're going to be open, but are expecting to re-open on Saturday 4 July. That's good for this weekend, although might affect some people's travel plans (eg I was intending on driving down from Scotland on Friday 3rd and camping that night).
Thanks for chasing them up bud, let's keep our fingers crossed that they open up that weekend!
You may have to pull in somewhere in the lakes for the night, somewhere remote possibly just till Saturday morning comes?
Do so at you're own risk of course as I know police can fine if they catch people overnighting at the moment
Thanks
Aaron

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi. I will be driving from London. If I was to arrive on Saturday morning while driving over night, what time would your recommend me to arrive on Saturday? Thanks.

Reactions: HistoryOffroad

Megageoff

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Portishead, UK
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Live Wire (CB radio)
I believe that some campsites are opening in uk on July 4th but be aware that toilet and shower facilities will likely remained closed! Check with campsites for further information.

HistoryOffroad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

St Andrews, UK
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Just to confirm, I'm good with the new dates of 11-12 July. See you then!

BTW - My previous username was StClere....just changed it.

Rory

Last edited:
Reactions: S11NNY

S11NNY

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Uk
First Name
Sunny
Last Name
Shah
Member #

hey just to let you guys know as no one has replied to my message, im just going to come along! 1st time camping, 1st time greenlaning! cannot wait! if someone can get in touch with me with further details about where to meet or if anyone is leaving london, then we could leave together? see ya soon!

Reactions: HistoryOffroad

nateoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

hey just to let you guys know as no one has replied to my message, im just going to come along! 1st time camping, 1st time greenlaning! cannot wait! if someone can get in touch with me with further details about where to meet or if anyone is leaving london, then we could leave together? see ya soon!
Few newbies will be there bud myself included should be a great meetup and much needed after this lockdown

HistoryOffroad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

St Andrews, UK
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Hello mate. I think we're just meeting at 1pm at the Stonethwaite campsite - that's the details on Rallypoint. I imagine it will be reasonably obvious who we all are given the rigs, but look out for OB flags?

S11NNY

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Uk
First Name
Sunny
Last Name
Shah
Member #

Has anyone had any luck getting through to the campsite to book a spot? I’ve called a few times but no one seems to pick up .

WoodcockFamilyOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Shropshire, UK
First Name
Daryll
Last Name
Woodcock
Member #

Has anyone had any luck getting through to the campsite to book a spot? I’ve called a few times but no one seems to pick up .
Hey I believe it’s a case of turn up and someone will come round and collect £5 for the campsite.

Ask Dave Spinks to add you to the WhatsApp group if you’re not on there already. There’s a free flow of information that will be monitored constantly on there.

HistoryOffroad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

St Andrews, UK
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Hey I believe it’s a case of turn up and someone will come round and collect £5 for the campsite.

Ask Dave Spinks to add you to the WhatsApp group if you’re not on there already. There’s a free flow of information that will be monitored constantly on there.
Thanks for this suggestion - didn't know there was a group. Have contacted Dave.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
A Note About the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak and Rally Point Events

Please check and follow all local, Regional and National mandates on gatherings in your area before creating a Rally Point event or trip, and consider the safety of yourself and others during this time.

1227B707-5B34-4477-BB0F-B11D51E295B5.jpeg