OVOR: Ottawa Valley Overland Route?

• HTML tutorial

biglandfarm

Rank 0

Contributor I

canada
Hi everyone, I am interested in doing the OVOR route from gravel travel, its been a dream of mine for a few years at this point. Luckily enough I already got my hands on the KML file for the map. But can someone whose done it enlighten me, if the route is do able with non modified AWD cars at a minimum? I drive a L405 Range Rover, which is capable of doing more, but I don't want to do any damage to the car and I do not have the know-how or the equipment to get out of tricky situations! Last time I took it off road on a boundary road near Ajax, I broke an under LOL

Also can you camp along the way at random spots off the beaten path? Thank you!

Last edited:

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I would love to try the same thing. Any hints? I took my jeep up around d the Ottawa Valley for the first time last summer and really enjoyed it, unfortunately it's too heavily modified to fit the whole family and would have to run the route in my daily.

Reactions: biglandfarm

biglandfarm

Rank 0

Contributor I

canada
I would love to try the same thing. Any hints? I took my jeep up around d the Ottawa Valley for the first time last summer and really enjoyed it, unfortunately it's too heavily modified to fit the whole family and would have to run the route in my daily.
What is your daily? I think it would be more fun in a stock vehicle, plus there are amazing scenery along the way, I think your family would really enjoy it. My friends were in a stock Wrangler, and it just about made it with only a few minor scrapes on the skid plates.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
What is your daily? I think it would be more fun in a stock vehicle, plus there are amazing scenery along the way, I think your family would really enjoy it. My friends were in a stock Wrangler, and it just about made it with only a few minor scrapes on the skid plates.
Daily is a compass trailhawk. Built rig is a tj unlimited on 37s, lockers, etc. Lol . Bit of a change but unnecessary for most terrain. I tend to use it for solo trips into back country. Drove out to crag lake last year with it. I'm still trying to find spots for the smaller vehicle to go.

biglandfarm

Rank 0

Contributor I

canada
Daily is a compass trailhawk. Built rig is a tj unlimited on 37s, lockers, etc. Lol . Bit of a change but unnecessary for most terrain. I tend to use it for solo trips into back country. Drove out to crag lake last year with it. I'm still trying to find spots for the smaller vehicle to go.
I think it might struggle a bit in ground clearance...but it would be great fun.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I think it might struggle a bit in ground clearance...but it would be great fun.
Kinda what I figured Lol. I may put a little bit of work into it to me it a little more capable, it there really isn't much I can do to it.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
if you have a traction board / maxtrax, you woudl be fine.
I have a pair of smittybilt boards but they don't support weight well. I have considered building metal ramps to slide onto my roof rack. But I have a long list of projects to tackle before getting to that point. lol