Contributor III

Petaluma, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rotwein
Member #

Hey there,

Wasn’t sure where to post this. Anticipating the arrival of my 4Dr bronco in about a month and am starting to make a gear list. One thing that’s very important to us is bringing our golden retriever. Wanted to know what/if anyone has any cool dog setups for their back seat/trunk area and anything for getting them into a rooftop tent or other options?

Thanks!

DirtyPawz

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nokesville, Prince William County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wing
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Hey there,

Wasn’t sure where to post this. Anticipating the arrival of my 4Dr bronco in about a month and am starting to make a gear list. One thing that’s very important to us is bringing our golden retriever. Wanted to know what/if anyone has any cool dog setups for their back seat/trunk area and anything for getting them into a rooftop tent or other options?

Thanks!
I’m heading out to Colorado from Virginia in July for two weeks. Right now she will be sleeping on the truck bench seat next to me. At night I have an elevated dog bed for sleeping in the truck. I’m still trying to figure out food because she eats the Farmers Dog fresh food

PickUpYourTrash

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Myrtle Beach, Horry County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Hey there,

Thanks!
I’m heading out to Colorado from Virginia in July for two weeks. Right now she will be sleeping on the truck bench seat next to me. At night I have an elevated dog bed for sleeping in the truck. I’m still trying to figure out food because she eats the Farmers Dog fresh food
Just fill up a gallon zip lock. Fill it with your feeding scoop and count the portions you carry. Mine eats a ton and feel like I always bring to much.

Walkers

Rank III

Advocate I

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Benn
Last Name
Quadineros
Consider skipping the RTT in favor of a ground tent to make life easier with a dog that size.

As far as dealing with dog waste just use this and forget about it.

AF50B7CB-EE78-4072-9645-1F986E2AFFF8.png

WildHorses27

Rank II

Contributor III

Petaluma, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rotwein
Member #

All great advice, thank you. What I’m thinking is a raised dog bed in the back seat where I’m thinking about a goosegear seat delete.

As for the tents we will likely have a RTT with an Annex like the new ones from Ikamper.

ruralpunk

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Nelson, BC, Canada
First Name
Gretchen
Last Name
nottellingyou
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7KTF
Service Branch
BCEHS Paramedic
Consider skipping the RTT in favor of a ground tent to make life easier with a dog that size.
I gotta second this. One might be able to argue that RTT's have a use-case, but not if you add a large breed dog to the equation. Your back and your dog will hate it.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I would like to try and Train a Dog to climb the Ladder, Can be done and I think it will be a Fun challenge

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
That's a big dog to wrestle up into a roof tent. My lab is 10, and about 70 lbs, so I don't want to risk injury, so he has the annex as his domain, with his kennel he has slept in since he was a pup. For traveling, he gets the back seat of the truck with a doggy-hammock to keep him comfy and the truck dog hair free. He also has a doggy ramp to get in and out of the truck, tho he rarely uses it to get down. Like me, down is easier than up on the knees.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Overlanding with a hound, no way!

Last winter in Big Bend. She gave her opinion of the Rio Grande.

B153E5AE-2435-48E9-A8C1-E85F76942DB2.jpegA03F5992-F293-463C-9909-A84DD566A625.jpegAF91AFCF-2640-4A3F-BB4B-718FAFC9DD47.jpegD510CA77-A88D-493F-8020-94632D7E0745.jpeg

Reactions: grubworm

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Last week in Cloudcroft. We brought the teardrop instead of the ground tent. She’s 110# so a RTT isn’t in the cards.

She madeEBDB8503-6E22-463F-B188-015C805C284D.jpegCD55FFF8-1E8C-4BEC-B924-62561E7516C2.jpegA0A3931E-6A3B-4022-AD3C-B4A6CEFB6CA5.jpeg5A14E8A7-4C56-43C5-B097-F99B357CB82B.jpeg140D5C96-B2B9-4916-8EAF-ED7DB2A9857C.jpeg sure the fire was dead out.

Reactions: grubworm

archer75

Rank I

Contributor III

Oregon, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Thomas
I'd add the annex to the RTT and the dog can sleep there. We don't allow dogs in our bed. Or just a ground tent. But we do have their beds we bring.