Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
The SO and I were talking last night about leash-training one of our cats... Maybe a few drinks were involved, but it led to us find the following video... Which leads to...

Does anyone here overland with their cat? Is so, please share some of your experiences.

Reactions: Fozzy325 and MazeVX

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

In my line of work I deal with a lot of truck drivers and you would actually be surprised in the amount of truckers traveling the us that have cats with them easier to take care of when you're driving long distances than a dog

Reactions: Welding Goats

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
In my line of work I deal with a lot of truck drivers and you would actually be surprised in the amount of truckers traveling the us that have cats with them easier to take care of when you're driving long distances than a dog
I had to laugh at this when I thought about all these cats traveling the highways in the cabs of 18-wheelers. I can see them perched on the dash, taking in the scenery and thinking they were "surveying all they ruled over".

Thank you for sharing this.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I'm currently in the process of harness training my cat to join us on some adventures.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I suspect I will begin the process soon as well.
It is the RARE Cat that acts like a dog. Not aloof, but craves your attention like a canine companion. They can be a pleasure to have around, all in a small compact package. I would think a great camping companion. We had a horse stable mommy cat that had that disposition.

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

The SO and I were talking last night about leash-training one of our cats... Maybe a few drinks were involved, but it led to us find the following video... Which leads to...

Does anyone here overland with their cat? Is so, please share some of your experiences.

Everyone needs that bear or bobcat escape decoy... go for it.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

My cat thoroughly enjoyed our trip from TX to MA. If not for my fear of his claws on my tent... I'd be inclined to bring him on more trips.