Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
So, my nephew and I are hopefully going to do a trail cleanup in a few weeks (Yes, I will post it so anyone in Southwest Missouri, Northwest Arkansas and Northeast Oklahoma can participate) and it got me to thinking about other cleanups. My local SCUBA shop does a lake cleanup every year and I always try and pick any trash I see when fishing my local rivers. Can we do Trail Guardian Trail Cleanup on a river in kayaks or in the lake SCUBA diving? Not that an answer either way will dissuade me from continuing to collect trash when I am on the water or in the water, but looking for a way to engage OB members this spring and summer in ways other than just on the trails.

Thanks

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

We always pick up trash while camping, hiking, wheeling and boating. Basically everywhere we see litter on the ground. A couple days ago we were at Dairy Queen and my wife picked up the trash in the parking lot while we were waiting in line. When we got to the counter the employee/ mgr. thanked her and mentioned he never saw that before........free Blizzard for her! Just think if everyday everyone just picked up one piece of trash we could clean this dump up. But I don’t see that happening in today’s society.

Reactions: lknmud1995