Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Found it!!! The Coleman folding camp oven! CampSaver sells them. Took a little while to get as on back order but had it delivered yesterday.
Congrats. A couple of suggestions from my experience - Benchmark the door thermometer with one that's proven to be accurate as those from Coleman are notoriously unreliable. Place a fire tile or other solid mass on the bottom of the oven to achieve and hold more consistent temps (I use a piece of shale about an inch thick). Post back with photos of your first productions!!!!

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Congrats. A couple of suggestions from my experience - Benchmark the door thermometer with one that's proven to be accurate as those from Coleman are notoriously unreliable. Place a fire tile or other solid mass on the bottom of the oven to achieve and hold more consistent temps (I use a piece of shale about an inch thick). Post back with photos of your first productions!!!!
Unfolded/put up quickly. Did a test run outside at home. Had to make sure door knob tightened as door would not shut tight. Better to make sure centered on camp stove. I didn't have tile or shale so used a pan on bottom for now. Made a small cheese pizza and cookies to start and they came out great! Love that it folds up and not too heavy! A few tweaks needed with knob and had to lightly bend levers on side so they would go over sides to lock but all in all very happy!

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Unfolded/put up quickly. Did a test run outside at home. Had to make sure door knob tightened as door would not shut tight. Better to make sure centered on camp stove. I didn't have tile or shale so used a pan on bottom for now. Made a small cheese pizza and cookies to start and they came out great! Love that it folds up and not too heavy! A few tweaks needed with knob and had to lightly bend levers on side so they would go over sides to lock but all in all very happy!
So.... the source of heat is the cook stove ? Would it sit on the top of a single burner stove ?

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So.... the source of heat is the cook stove ? Would it sit on the top of a single burner stove ?
It says: "The Coleman® Camp Oven is designed to fit on Coleman® Liquid Fuel and propane camp stoves and then folds down flat for compact storage." So guessing it does for the flat stoves but also read when checking it out not for the single propane burners that just sit on top of propane burner as could fall off easily as too big so would only use on flat single burner fuel stoves. Whole oven real hot when using so Need to use gloves/pot holders when using. I let it cool several minutes with door open after turning stove off and taking food out before touching to unfold to put up.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
But yes, source of heat the stove. They say not to use on camp fire also.
I only ask because my favorite breakfast is anything with biscuits. Sometime just buttered biscuit with preserves or apple butter suits me. I think I will buy one now that you have located an outlet for them. I would say they are cool but we both know they are hot hot. LOL

They are on sale today for $39.95 @ campsaver..

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilson123

Retired

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Discovery Bay, CA.
First Name
CJ
Last Name
H.
Member #

For those that have them and used them. Do you use a slate trivet with them on a two burner stove? Reason I ask is I tried to make muffins once and it took 2 hours. The trivet maybe a good idea if it works better to even the heat.

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

That's looking pretty darned good for a rookie - well done sir!!

Lanlubber - I have a fifties vintage Coleman liquid fuel 413E which is the largest of their two burner stoves, The oven fits nicely on the right (primary) burner with room on the left for an eight inch Lodge frying pan. Coffee perks on a 533 single burner. Love me some biscuits as well when camping.

Kerner

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kerner
Member #

Got one of them on sale from CampSaver delivered on Friday. Haven't had a chance to unbox it yet, but probably will this weekend.

Reactions: Wilson123