Monument, CO, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Crocker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0FEA
Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made for my Overlanding arsenal... A propane-powered camp oven! It has made things so much easier because it's got an oven (no need to bring a dutch oven especially with the current fire bans in Colorado) and dual burners on the top so it is a functional camp stove too! I always just run it off of a small 1lb propane canister and I've never run out of propane utilizing one of the small canisters for a full weekend excursion. Does anyone else have one of these or have a product like this that just changed the game for you in the kitchen department? Ever since I got it ill always make a run to Walmart and grab a loaf of garlic bread or some premade cookie dough things and just make them to compliment my dinner... I hope that this interested some of you and if you have any questions about it, let me know!Screenshot_20201028-133943_Video Player.jpg20200609_062116.jpg20200708_195519.jpg

the_rockies

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Monument, CO, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Crocker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0FEA
I looked at one of those but the weight and packing size pushed me away. Glad to hear it is working for you.
I mean, it's definitely not small but with my mini-pickup running either solo or duo Overlanding trips, it isn't a problem just throwing it in the back.

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
I once thought about taking that unit and "hollowing" it out.... removing the oven portion and using that section to store pots/pans etc... a small chuckbox.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I love my camp chef oven when winter camping with my teardrop trailer and xterra! It’s great to have homemade Carmel rolls and coffee in the mornings and hot chocolate cookies for a bedtime snack!
That’s interesting to hear. How compact is the Camp Chef? Doesn’t it fold up? I’m pretty strapped for space. I have been making things like cinnamon rolls using the steam cooking method on a camp stove. It has worked good enough that I haven’t really considered a dedicated camp stove. However, if I could add a little more capability without sacrificing too much space, I’d consider it.

Reactions: the_rockies

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I have a coleman folding oven I picked up a few years ago, works great on a camp stove. Did take a little trial and error to find muffin, loaf, and cake pans that fit in it properly.

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

I have a coleman folding oven I picked up a few years ago, works great on a camp stove. Did take a little trial and error to find muffin, loaf, and cake pans that fit in it properly.
I agree, an oven greatly expands your menu options and the Coleman takes up such little room. This oven. 413E stove and Lodge frying pan have been staples in my cooking gear since the late sixties. Breakfast along side a creek in Great Basin NP.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I love my camp chef oven when winter camping with my teardrop trailer and xterra! It’s great to have homemade Carmel rolls and coffee in the mornings and hot chocolate cookies for a bedtime snack!
And hot biscuits with white gravy sticks to your bones. Now that would make me want to buy one.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Where can a Coleman camp oven be found in stock? Want one as it is folding but no one seems to have them in stock.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

That's what a fire and/or my propane torch are for unless you want something truly baked. That's too much weight and bulk for me to carry around just because I wanted fresh cinnamon rolls but to each their own.
Haha was looking to truly bake in it. That is why want folding oven so does not take up as much room.

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
That's what a fire and/or my propane torch are for unless you want something truly baked. That's too much weight and bulk for me to carry around just because I wanted fresh cinnamon rolls but to each their own.
I need details on the how to cook cinnamon rolls with a torch

Reactions: Ubiety

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I need details on the how to cook cinnamon rolls with a torch
There used to be a nice online article on how to do this on a camp stove, but I can’t find it. Basically, you put the cinnamon rolls in a pan like normal. Then, you put that pan in a larger pan that has just a little boiling water in it. Put a paper towel over the whole thing and put a lid on the large pan. Let it steam the cinnamon rolls for 20 minutes. It helps to flip them over about halfway. Then when it’s done, put the smaller pan directly on the stove for just a minute or so to brown the bottom of the cinnamon rolls. Turn them over and you’ve got nice warm cinnamon rolls. I’ve done this several times with Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and it works great!!

Attachments

Reactions: Ubiety and velo47

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
AMAZON HAS A FOLDING LIGHT WEIGHT OVEN.

SORRY, NOT SHOUTING, JUST CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES TO READ SMALL PRINT ON MY KENDAL .