Overlanding in the Sierra Nevadas

• HTML tutorial

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Did a three day overland trip through through Stanislaus and El Dorado National Forests with two other rigs. We ran 63 miles of remote forest roads in two days. I spent the last day solo. Made a video for each day in the field. Here are all three videos documenting the trip.

Day 1: Slick Rock trail camping

Day 2: Slick Rock to Middle Fork Consumnes River

Day 3: Solo Adventure

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Did a three day overland trip through through Stanislaus and El Dorado National Forests with two other rigs. We ran 63 miles of remote forest roads in two days. I spent the last day solo. Here's part one of three videos documenting the trip. Will update thread when each video is completed.

Day 1: Slick Rock trail camping
Looking forward to the next one. Thanks

Reactions: Sgt12XU

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Looking forward to the next one. Thanks
Thanks Kent. If you like anything you see in my videos, please consider subscribing to my channel. You'll be notified of all my uploads immediately if you choose, instead of waiting for me to post here when I get chance. If you haven't done so, check out my Death Valley three part series on my channel. You might enjoy that series.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent. If you like anything you see in my videos, please consider subscribing to my channel. You'll be notified of all my uploads immediately if you choose, instead of waiting for me to post here when I get chance. If you haven't done so, check out my Death Valley three part series on my channel. You might enjoy that series.
Copy that, Ill check out the ch.

JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
Great videos! I can't want to try and go out like this. Have a full size so not sure if it will work but for sure once my son has his Tocoma ready.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Like to join you guys if you do something like this again. Nice job of filming.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Thanks for the video's. That looks like a good alternate route to the Deer Valley trail which is supposed to be more hardcore rock crawling (which I enjoy).

I'm guessing that you left the specific location details out to keep the area from being over utilized. I often feel the same way. There are several great spots near Hope Valley off Hwy 88 that I keep to myself rather than publicly reveal for fear that they will get torn up or trashed.

Happy Explorations to you!

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Thanks for the video's. That looks like a good alternate route to the Deer Valley trail which is supposed to be more hardcore rock crawling (which I enjoy).

I'm guessing that you left the specific location details out to keep the area from being over utilized. I often feel the same way. There are several great spots near Hope Valley off Hwy 88 that I keep to myself rather than publicly reveal for fear that they will get torn up or trashed.

Happy Explorations to you!
Yeah, I didn’t give coordinates in the videos to avoid people trashing the spots. I’ll definitely share with OB members though.

Reactions: JCWages

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

Nice videos! Well edited and i like the narration! Keep it up [emoji817]

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Nice videos! Well edited and i like the narration! Keep it up [emoji817]
Thanks. Honestly, I always feel like a dork narrating my videos. It’s a new thing for me and I’m still coming to grips with it. It’s not natural yet, but I’m improving.

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

Thanks. Honestly, I always feel like a dork narrating my videos. It’s a new thing for me and I’m still coming to grips with it. It’s not natural yet, but I’m improving.
I'm sure it feels odd to hear your own voice, but as the viewer, the narration draws us in and helps us feel involved!