Member I

Boston
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

Hi all,

Just moved to the Boston area from California and I am itching for a good weekend trip. I have seen that the Green Mountain National Forest is a good option but I’ve also seen a few videos where people get into private property or meet endless dead ends. Was wondering if anyone has some trails or areas they would recommend? Trying to beat the cold and get as many trips in as I can before I’m burrowed in my apartment.

Thanks!
Camilo

Berkshires

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, MA, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
L
Member #

I recently moved from Sonoma County to the Berkshires and camping and 4x4 travel is nothing like the CA - I miss all the BLM land and dispersed camping. Some good resources for the area is www.appalachianbyway.com and Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) Maps & Information (routes for motorcycles, but also good for 4x4 smaller vehicles).

If you are ever in the Berkshires, let me know. I used to live in Boston for a while and slowly migrated west.

Reactions: Mhobbes

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I recently moved from Sonoma County to the Berkshires and camping and 4x4 travel is nothing like the CA - I miss all the BLM land and dispersed camping. Some good resources for the area is www.appalachianbyway.com and Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) Maps & Information (routes for motorcycles, but also good for 4x4 smaller vehicles).

If you are ever in the Berkshires, let me know. I used to live in Boston for a while and slowly migrated west.
While the amount of land is not the same, just travel north and hit the VT and NH class IV and VI roads as well as the forest roads in those states. Certainly better options there than there is in MA.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm not going to promote my YT site, but then again... I have a couple routes up in the discussion page as .gpx files of my foliage runs. I'm not one for busting up my truck, I do love a good Byway, especially if it's dirt, even better if it's a logging road and the passable Class 6. Site link in the signature. A couple favorites are in the videos and a couple new fav's (surprises for us).