• HTML tutorial

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

THIS is one of my favorites.

…but seriously, not sure there are any really outside of some National Geographic type of stuff (never actually looked to be honest) but if you like Andrew St.Pierre White he has edited some of his videos into more feature length style videos. I like his videos more than any of the other over dramatic or tactical jargon filled stuff you find on most overland channels.

Would be cool to keep an eye on this too… OVERLAND FILM FESTIVAL

TXstar37

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mansfield, TX, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

TXstar37

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mansfield, TX, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

THIS is one of my favorites.

…but seriously, not sure there are any really outside of some National Geographic type of stuff (never actually looked to be honest) but if you like Andrew St.Pierre White he has edited some of his videos into more feature length style videos. I like his videos more than any of the other over dramatic or tactical jargon filled stuff you find on most overland channels.

Would be cool to keep an eye on this too… OVERLAND FILM FESTIVAL
HMMM. never heard of Andrew SPW. Website looks intriguing though. Gonna check that out some more...

Reactions: ravenplague

TXstar37

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mansfield, TX, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

I ran out of overlanding documentaries/movies to watch. Watch everything from Overland Expedition and Mountain State Overland. I'm now watching a lot of Ronny Dahl on YouTube. I have to figure our how to get a 79 series Land Cruiser in California. That's a proper Overloading Vehicle. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChz00vupzP_mNPIYD8GSmBw
yeah, that's kinda where i'm at. I watch alot of youtube, but haven't run accross Ronny Dahl yet. thanks, i'll check him out.

Reactions: ChaseIt

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I ran out of overlanding documentaries/movies to watch. Watch everything from Overland Expedition and Mountain State Overland. I'm now watching a lot of Ronny Dahl on YouTube. I have to figure our how to get a 79 series Land Cruiser in California. That's a proper Overloading Vehicle. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChz00vupzP_mNPIYD8GSmBw
Ronny is amazing and probably the best bang for your buck as far as knowledge and actual fun stuff to watch. He and Andrew did a few videos together too. I enjoy both of those guys more than any other 4x4 youtube channels.

TXstar37

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mansfield, TX, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

There is this one channel I watch. I dunno. Its pretty good I guess. The guy is a little goofy, but the girl seems nice enough. I think its called Overland Bound? I dunno. Might want to give it a peek see.
:wink:
Ha! Yup I watched a radiator go nuclear the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

jk journeys

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Check out the iamjake blog on youtube.
Don't get me wrong not all of the content is overland and offroad related but he is currently on a 50 state roadtrip. He puts a lot of time and effort into the editing of his mostly daily vlog. Nice guy check him out

Sent from my SM-T230NU using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

ovrlndr

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Broom
Member #

How the heck has no one mentioned the 1978 Expedicion de las Americas??

Mark A. Smith (the Jeep legend) and friends... 21,000 miles from the tip of South America to the tip of North America...

"By November 1978, Mark Smith already had 25 years of experience leading off-road excursions under his belt, largely with the Jeep Jamboree, an annual trek into the Sierra Nevadas from Georgetown, California. But he’d never attempted anything quite like what he had planned that fall, and in fact, neither had anybody else: He and 13 other off-roaders would set off from Tierra del Fuego, Chile – about the southernmost point in the Americas – and drive north to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska – about the northernmost point.

Smith’s Expedicion de las Americas would use six Jeeps – at least three CJ-7s, a Wagoneer, and a J-series pickup among them – all more or less stock, but fitted with a variety of necessities for the 21,000-mile, 122-day trip, including winches, 31-inch tires, and special-built “ladders” that would help them cross certain terrain much easier. And while it appears the Expedicion got some minor assistance here and there, it was all funded out of the pockets of the expedition’s participants, none of whom were professional explorers or guides.

Perhaps the most remarkable part of the trip was the crossing of the Darien Gap, a stretch of undeveloped jungle that had only once before been traversed by motorcade. Though it took about a quarter of the expedition’s total time, Smith and his group made the crossing without any serious losses."

Reactions: MBroenkow

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I dunno if overland related...or a documentary but dust to glory is one of my favorites

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

This is probably one of he earliest I ever watched. It also inspired me to get a Cruiser

Reactions: Scott Murray

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

This is the first overland video I've ever saw. It's what got me into overlanding. You can say it was my gateway drug into overlanding. LOL
Man, that is so awesome! We just loving hearing things like this, keeps us motivated to keep putting out our stories!

On part 3 now.. never watched this.. awesome series man! :) great job.
Thanks so much! We plan on releasing the series finale at Expo West!

Reactions: ChaseIt and [DO]Ron