Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Ever since I got into overlanding I have noticed my driving habits have changed. But in a good way. When we go on new trails, we tend to drive slower not only due do the roughness of the road but also the siteseeing. Now, driving on the highway or in the city, I find myself driving the speed limits and not feeling rushed or feeling stressed out in traffic jams. I chill. So, I guess what I am saying is slow down, enjoy the view, relax and get there safe.

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

I have noticed the same thing. I have also noticed I hate driving on the interstate anymore, if I can I will drive the back roads or the coast road.

One other thing I have noticed (little off subject) is that since I got this Jeep I have most of the people at work coming up to me at various times asking what I did on the weekend, where I went, or did I hit any trails. Its like they think I am some kind of Indiana Jones or Steve Erwin.

Reactions: deeker

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

I agree. Now that I have my Jeep looking like a full expedition rig, I get all the questions.

Get Out! Life is Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I didn't know if it was overlanding or age. Buy yes I have to remind myself to slow down and take in the scenery even on my way to and from work. I feel less a like a mindless zombie meandering back and forth.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

since getting the jeep to overland, my mpg has gone drastically from my old corolla. To save gas and enjoy the drive, my new driving rule.

Reactions: Cappy410

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

On the road I am usually at the speed limit and content to putter along in the right lane. For one thing, I know that I don't stop as quickly with all the armor and larger tires, so I have to slow down and leave more space. Plus, I have my motorcycles for speed, but that's only fun on a twisty road.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I get too excited to FINALLY be taking a roadtrip that i tend to speed a bit until I get to my destination. lol Any day off pavement is a good day.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

On the road I am usually at the speed limit and content to putter along in the right lane. For one thing, I know that I don't stop as quickly with all the armor and larger tires, so I have to slow down and leave more space. Plus, I have my motorcycles for speed, but that's only fun on a twisty road.
Ride safe my friend. Gravel is hard to pull out of your skin.

Get Out! Life is Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk