Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Johns Creek, GA
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
O’Hara
Member #

Thanks. I've been looking at a good battery & pure sine wave inverter set up. I was just wanting other input from others what they are using.
If whatever you need to run will run on 12v you will really simplify your life by eliminating the inverter. I had my 12v battery connected to a solar charger (and a double receptacle power plug) The charger was also connected to a 175w solar panel. I don’t think we ever went below 70 % of the battery’s capacity. I did not have to do anything for 8 days. This little system recharged to full charge by day, everyday. And ran down a bit at night. Our freezer was set at 0 deg F and the fridge side was close to 40 deg F. Note it was sunny desert weather.

Codebeagle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Elsinore, Utah, United States
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Porter
Member #

I did 5 nights without having to recharge my battery on mine. I had a old Optima yellow top. I used a 12v adapter for my cpap machine, along with a 12v alligator clip adapter, and it worked great. Just don't use the humidifier. That is what sucks up all the power.
Same here. A good deep cycle battery and the $50 DC adapter has worked well for me going on 6 years now.

Reactions: Olbrjam1