Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hey everyone, I wanted to share with you a cool outdoor cooking tool that I would think would work well in overlanding environment. The company is called Fire Grilling Adventurous Cooking. The founder is a good friend of mine and he has developed a fire pit cooking skewer that is perfect for cooking meat and vegetables over an open fire. It is compact, light, easy to clean up and it takes up little to no room in an overlanding rig. It can cook an entire meal for the family and is a cool and fun way to cook. Feel free to look over their website.

42" long grilling skewer with a 1/4" square stainless steel blade. Fits across campfire rings for that true Cowboy Cooking experience
No gloves needed! - An 8" oak handle keeps your hands safe for easy placement or removal. The flat sides of the blade and handle makes 1/4 turn rotations to cook evenly on all sides
No forked end so you can load it up and set it across the fire Churrasco Style, no tongs or spatula needed.
Easy to clean and the slim profile makes it simple to slide into small cargo spaces or gun case.
It's the perfect fire grilling tool for Overlanders, RVers, car campers or your back yard grill. Price for 1 Cowboy Kabob - 15% discount for 2 or more, up to 6 can fit in a single shipment.

Happy travels.

https://firegrilling.com/

A little on the style of cooking.

Reactions: Boort

Hans Sommer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arroyo Grande CA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

I'm looking for some overland adopters to field test my Cowboy Kabobs. I love them and have been using them for years and I think they're perfect for Overland adventures. They're 42" long, have a 1/4" stainless blade and a 1/4 sawed oak handle to hold and keep your hands cool and weigh 1 lb.

It's basically an extra long Churrasco skewer for fire grilling anything you want to skewer; beef, chicken, pork, game, potatoes, sausage, veggies etc. Supper easy to clean, just get it red hot and dunk it in water - done.

If any of my Overlanding friends want to test them out if you buy one I'll send 2. Just email me thru. the website so I know you're with OB. https://firegrilling.com/

Happy Trails,

Hans Sommer

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I'm looking for some overland adopters to field test my Cowboy Kabobs. I love them and have been using them for years and I think they're perfect for Overland adventures. They're 42" long, have a 1/4" stainless blade and a 1/4 sawed oak handle to hold and keep your hands cool and weigh 1 lb.

It's basically an extra long Churrasco skewer for fire grilling anything you want to skewer; beef, chicken, pork, game, potatoes, sausage, veggies etc. Supper easy to clean, just get it red hot and dunk it in water - done.

If any of my Overlanding friends want to test them out if you buy one I'll send 2. Just email me thru. the website so I know you're with OB. https://firegrilling.com/

Happy Trails,

Hans Sommer
I may take you up on this. I'll check it out again when I get home tonight.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Cottonwoody @Hans Sommer @toxicity_27

Just got a pair recently and hope to get a fire going soon to test 'em out. I have to say they are pretty freakin' awesome as far as quality with some of the nicest, smoothest wood handles I've ever seen on outdoor gear. I mean, anyone that has picked these up and handled them has said "Whoa, these are nice!"

High grade 42" stainless skewers that go all the way through the handle, too. Looking forward to seeing how they are to use. I like the length a lot.

cowboykabobs_5741-800.jpeg

cowboykabobs_5742-800.jpeg

Hans Sommer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arroyo Grande CA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Here's a Fire Grilling Minute: Gaucho Steaks for those of us who love fire grilled steak .. Yumm.

If anyone in the OB Community is interested in being a product tester / abuser we have a 50% off special thru. May which happens to be National BBQ month. Here's a link to the Fire Grilling Store:

The discount code: "OVERLAND" is 50% off 2 or more of the original Cowboy Kabobs. Just put in "OVERLAND" during checkout.

Happy Camping
I get mine today! Can't wait!

Hans Sommer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arroyo Grande CA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

In case anyone's still interested in trying out a Cowboy Kabob here's a product review by the team at 50 Campfires in their monthly "GearBox"

We'll still honor the buy one get on free deal, just email me and we'll coordinate: hans@firegrilling.com
Happy Camping

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I posted a picture to the Facebook group, but still haven't set anything up for hosting images. I used the Cowboy Kabobs a couple of weekends ago to cook some BBQ chicken, red potatoes, and onions. The square sides on the kabob are awesome, and it's a thicker skewer so even with all that weight it didn't bow. Awesome product, can't wait to use it more!

GeoGreg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley, CA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Lovell
Member #

Here's a Fire Grilling Minute: Gaucho Steaks for those of us who love fire grilled steak .. Yumm.

If anyone in the OB Community is interested in being a product tester / abuser we have a 50% off special thru. May which happens to be National BBQ month. Here's a link to the Fire Grilling Store:

The discount code: "OVERLAND" is 50% off 2 or more of the original Cowboy Kabobs. Just put in "OVERLAND" during checkout.

Happy Camping
any chance in extending the offer?

GeoGreg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley, CA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Lovell
Member #