Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Does anyone in this thread have suggestions for sliders for a full size crew cab Silverado?
wkof_web_logo.png
This is where I found some (not purchased). Our choices are very limited as you know. Per their web-site/write-up. they are function orientated, and not a 'Street Queen' Add- 0n !

Last edited:
Reactions: JButtress

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hmm their website is only showing 2000-2008 2500/3500 sliders right now for Chevy
True,..............'But'...........they are custom made. I would contact them to see if they make, or can make a slider to fit the newer frames. With the industry leaving GM on the sidelines, even finding a company that caters to us, can be a real challenge.

IMHO, The difference between the GMT 800 and GMT 900 frames can not/should not, be that different. It could be as simple as the frame gusset plates? I can't afford them right now, but outside of skid plate armor, the question of sliders seem to dominate many conversations from those who want to spend more time in the back country with their GM truck's.

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

subscribed.
What was the final reason, or supposed reason, for the transmission issue?
I have a '17 Silverado Midnight edition LTZ 4x4 with the 8-speed tranny.
I've towed a 6k RV trailer a couple of times and didn't notice any issues.
So far, with 24k miles on the ticker, I've not had any strange tranny or engine issues, yet.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Sounds like we need to set up a camping trip, to spend the weekend brainstorming ideas haha
I missed this somehow, so when is this brain storming camping trip? I've got a 2017 Sierra that needs some armor and sliders

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I missed this somehow, so when is this brain storming camping trip? I've got a 2017 Sierra that needs some armor and sliders
I’m always down...and good luck on the sliders lol. I’ve been looking forever, no one makes them. Will have to be custom

Reactions: RickLB

JQCitizen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrenceville, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swan
Member #

Hey everyone. Sorry for falling off the face of the earth for the last few months.
Work has been crazy and now that it is warming up its time to get the 2019 modded.

JQCitizen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrenceville, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swan
Member #

subscribed.
What was the final reason, or supposed reason, for the transmission issue?
I have a '17 Silverado Midnight edition LTZ 4x4 with the 8-speed tranny.
I've towed a 6k RV trailer a couple of times and didn't notice any issues.
So far, with 24k miles on the ticker, I've not had any strange tranny or engine issues, yet.
They never gave me a definitive reason for the failure. They kept throwing parts at it.
Just make sure you have had the fluid updated in the transmission. There was a TSB about rough shifting. The fluid was contaminated at the assembly plant.