Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I’ve been a follower of Michael’s Instagram account since before the forum and I figured it was time I formally joined. I’m Jason and I live just north of Cincinnati. I suppose I’ve been an overlander as long as I could drive. I’ve never done much with the really technical wheeling/climbing but I’m comfortable on a trail and have no problems sleeping in the truck. I’ve gotten older and now I prefer Indoor plumbing but I still love a good road trip and my wife and I try to head out on 3-4 adventures a year.

The trip determines the transportation. Sometimes it’s motorcycles, sometimes the truck, and we even have an old 90’s Miata that we will take on short trips for fun. Until last week my main rig was a 2007 Hummer H3. Don’t laugh, I put almost 120,000 miles on her and she was only in the shop twice for mechanical problems (Water pump and a GM Recall). With a set of Duratracs the H3 was great for dirt and mud but the inline 5 was always a little underpowered on the interstate. So last week I said goodbye to the Hummer and got another Jeep. Clean slate, let the upgrades begin. The Cherokee Trailhawk is comfortable on the road and off so I think it’s going to be a good fit. Time will tell.

Hope to meet a few folks and share some adventures.

JW

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I’ve been a follower of Michael’s Instagram account since before the forum and I figured it was time I formally joined. I’m Jason and I live just north of Cincinnati. I suppose I’ve been an overlander as long as I could drive. I’ve never done much with the really technical wheeling/climbing but I’m comfortable on a trail and have no problems sleeping in the truck. I’ve gotten older and now I prefer Indoor plumbing but I still love a good road trip and my wife and I try to head out on 3-4 adventures a year.

The trip determines the transportation. Sometimes it’s motorcycles, sometimes the truck, and we even have an old 90’s Miata that we will take on short trips for fun. Until last week my main rig was a 2007 Hummer H3. Don’t laugh, I put almost 120,000 miles on her and she was only in the shop twice for mechanical problems (Water pump and a GM Recall). With a set of Duratracs the H3 was great for dirt and mud but the inline 5 was always a little underpowered on the interstate. So last week I said goodbye to the Hummer and got another Jeep. Clean slate, let the upgrades begin. The Cherokee Trailhawk is comfortable on the road and off so I think it’s going to be a good fit. Time will tell.

Hope to meet a few folks and share some adventures.

JW
Hello Jason and welcome to the OB crew...nice Jeep and Bike. Look forward to seeing your adventures.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Thanks! Got my membership squared away and I think I’m ready to roll. Lots of good reading here. Hopefully I’ll have something useful to contribute from time to time.

ChevyShooter

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Reed
Hi there JW, I am also from the Cincinnati area. I’m brand new to the forum, but looking to meet a few folks around the area for some overlanding/camping adventure. I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado as my daily driver. Recently purchased a Rightline Truck Bed tent and it’s pretty awesome. Ready for summertime.

Reactions: J.W.