Overland Trash Systems

• HTML tutorial

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Another vote for the Trasharoo. Used it for the past 3 wheeling trips. SO glad we had it on the last trip. We took our Husky and no trash cans around for those "special" little bags of joy (you know!). That justified the purchase with the Mrs instantly.

Reactions: Rubiconcruiser

squirrel_cage

Rank 0

Contributor I

Trasharoo's are great, however they don't really lest the "trash juices" dry out. Rather they bake and stink in the sun. The onion bags let the juices drain, and dry, thus avoiding the stink, however aren't super sturdy. I have been using the trail sac from spiderweb shade, and love them! Everything airs out, no stink, and very heavy duty! I tend to use the Trasharoo more for dry storage these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rubiconcruiser

squirrel_cage

Rank 0

Contributor I

Soooo.....I bought a Trasharoo and although I was overall happy with it, a buckle broke the first time I installed it! Really stunk as I wasn't sure if it would stay on the whole trip. I will be contacting Trasharoo asap. M
They do have great customer service! They sent me a new buckle right away when I broke one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

So, here is my "Baloo" with an old backpack I pick up back in 1995. I got this pack for my travels to Colombia for a two month hiking trip from Bog0ta to northern coast of Barranquilla. It's also been everywhere throughout the Colorado Rockies. Yet, it has been hanging in my garage for the last 10 years, I never had the heart to get rid of it... now I use it as my "Trasharoo knock off". It has 1 large pocket and 5 smaller zip pockets. It does the job and more. That pack has travel many miles on foot and air...now it will live again on the back of "Baloo" on the road and it will hold our trash and the trash we pick up along the way.

BALOO.jpg

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

I have an old army rucksack that I hang off my tire spare tire. I just ratchet strap around the tire and make sure to catch the shoulder straps of the ruck sack. It works like a charm. I have done this quite a bit before I saw any other system. I think you can pick one up fairly cheap online now.

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

We use a regular trash bag in camp, then tie it up and toss it into a box on the roof rack. A Trasharoo is on the wishlist but not at the top of the list.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hey Mike - I always used the plastic trash bags that I got from groceries. An issue with that was they don't hold very much and ended up having to use several. Finally got this http://amzn.to/2t41JdO Trasharoo spare tire trash bag and have to say it solved all my trash issues. It's durable, water resistant and holds 50 lbs!
-Jake
Hey Jake...welcome to the forum my friend....

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

So, here is my "Baloo" with an old backpack I pick up back in 1995. I got this pack for my travels to Colombia for a two month hiking trip from Bog0ta to northern coast of Barranquilla. It's also been everywhere throughout the Colorado Rockies. Yet, it has been hanging in my garage for the last 10 years, I never had the heart to get rid of it... now I use it as my "Trasharoo knock off". It has 1 large pocket and 5 smaller zip pockets. It does the job and more. That pack has travel many miles on foot and air...now it will live again on the back of "Baloo" on the road and it will hold our trash and the trash we pick up along the way.

View attachment 21292
Nice. Progress of the backpack, now we can use the trash around as a backpack in case of an emergency hike,away from the rig

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

Another vote for the Trasharoo. As said before I keep spare garbage bags in the pockets and take it off when not on the trail. I have used it for firewood as well. Had it probably 4-5 years I'd guess.

Love the idea of the off-road washing machine made from a 5 gallon bucket... genius. I had bought some little Tide sport wash packets designed for a hotel room sink... I bet they would be just about perfect for this type of setup.

Traveler I

usa
While I think a Trasharoo is a great product I often wonder where all one trash comes from?

I travel a lot solo mind you and I get by with a small container (pictured) . Sometimes I need a grocery store bag when picking up others trash but the needs for something the size of a Trasharoo I dont see it? I do empty my small trash at every given opportunity to keep it at a minimum. What am I missing?

IMG_9709[1].JPG

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

While I think a Trasharoo is a great product I often wonder where all one trash comes from?

I travel a lot solo mind you and I get by with a small container (pictured) . Sometimes I need a grocery store bag when picking up others trash but the needs for something the size of a Trasharoo I dont see it? I do empty my small trash at every given opportunity to keep it at a minimum. What am I missing?

View attachment 28844
Most the trash in my Trasharoo is stuff I've picked up along the way.