Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Hi there, I am making my way back East to Toronto from Vancouver and find myself in Kamloops and along the Thompson River, it is beautiful up here at present, Kamloops is high in elevation and so has a high desert type of feel. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me any campsites or trails worth exploring? I am self isolating and looking for remote spots, easy trails and dispersed camping. The local and provisional parks are closed but crown land is open as long as access to it is not via a provisional park. Today I have found a great spot by a lake and have 4G signal To make this post!

0755E752-D64E-4FDD-AEA1-95537DA4A813.jpeg

Reactions: F8OO

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Good to see you got the camper, definitely kinda special. I can't remember was it for sale in the US?

EDIT, found your other thread, 3 months in Port Townsend, WOW. Such a fascinating place, I love the diesel marine heater. Very cool camper. Great vision. Have a great trip home.

There is always lots of discussion on the merits of wood construction. Looks like you are sold on it.

Last edited:

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
That is a big area lots of places to travel but it largely depends where you actually are. I have traveled most if it at one time or another, you can get close to Banff traveling FSR's but it can get tricky. I will post some ideas in the Am.

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Good to see you got the camper, definitely kinda special. I can't remember was it for sale in the US?

EDIT, found your other thread, 3 months in Port Townsend, WOW. Such a fascinating place, I love the diesel marine heater. Very cool camper. Great vision. Have a great trip home.

There is always lots of discussion on the merits of wood construction. Looks like you are sold on it.

Hi Bill,

apologies for the delay I have been off grid for a couple of days except for my Garmin in reach. Now Today Found another beautiful spot 4000ft elevation 8km off main road up a forest service road, found a spot secluded from the forest service road on an old artery with 4G

nice forest service trail heading uoto Red Plateau near Hardie Hill, Kamloops . where I found a peaceful spot to make my base, I hear an occasional vehicle, 1 per day but other than that silence and solitude!

After Kamloops I am heading to Nelson,BC to see a work colleague and then I don’t know. Maybe we could meet up? I would love to meet other members and keep social distance. Here is a couple photos of my camp.

Best Wishes

Amanda

Attachments

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

Looks wonderful. In August on an overlanding trip we ended up in Kamloops and we were absolutely floored at the beauty.

Kamloops is a special place in canada. I’m planning another trip out there this year and am starting to mark possibly trails and wild camping spots in GaiaGPS.

We did explore a little bit when we were there last year, but we were sticking close to the city during that visit.

If you know of any reasonable areas on crown land to wild camp at, it would be wonderful for some insights there.

Thanks so much!
Cheers!