Overland Trailer Build

• HTML tutorial

Tommy Ohh

Rank 0

Traveler I

Toronto
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum but been lurking and planning this for a few years.

Planning a trip with the family and figured I'd build a rig rather than buying. I'll update here regularly on the progress and post photos as I'm moving along.

I may have questions as I go along as well as I would welcome constructive criticism.

Tow Vehicle is a 2006 4Runner

The concept:

Tommy Ohh

Rank 0

Traveler I

Toronto
I have purchased Timbren independent suspension. Plan is to fit it next week to the frame. Looking forward to seeing your project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kodethr33

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum but been lurking and planning this for a few years.

Planning a trip with the family and figured I'd build a rig rather than buying. I'll update here regularly on the progress and post photos as I'm moving along.

I may have questions as I go along as well as I would welcome constructive criticism.

Tow Vehicle is a 2006 4Runner

The concept:

[emoji106][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

Lee Mims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Mims
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5STC
I was going to suggest you consider the amount of work and the quality of work you'll get of building vs buying, then I saw your screenshots.

You clearly know what you're doing and it looks great so far. Rock on man. Keep the pics coming.

P.S. I built mine too, it's way less nice, but I was proud I cobbled it together :)

rioga74

Rank 0

Traveler I

Damn this trailer is going to look sexy! I wish I had the skill set to do this. I spend most of my off time working on my home shop organization so I can work on my house. Any chance you’d be willing to share your plans so I could get a go at this for myself. I’m out here in California and really new to overlanding. What do you estimate your total material cost to be? Anyways, I look forward to seeing how this all comes out for you.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk