Launch Member

Member II

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

We just decided to pack up and go without a plan just a direction, didn’t know where we would be spending the night or what we would be eating for our meals. We packed up all the gear: tent, sleeping bags, refrigerator, camping grill etc. We decided to head towards hot springs NC, the first place we stayed was weavers bend about 20 mins away.

IMG_0390.JPGIMG_0393.JPGIMG_0379.JPG

Then hot springs the next morning for local breakfast and supplies

IMG_0397.JPG

Then we went to Max Patch NC.
Then stayed at weavers bend again ate breakfast local and hit the road again.

IMG_0399.JPGIMG_0401.JPGIMG_0382.JPG

Then we headed towards devils fork state park in S.C. it was pouring the whole time so did do much outdoors. Luckily my awning and the Coleman grill allowed us to still cook food because a fire wasn’t possible. We woke up to trees frozen and a beautiful drive back home (Knoxville TN)

IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG

Then my TPS sensor went bad on the way home luckily we were 40 mins from home and I had an extra.

IMG_0416.JPG

A great trip Me and my wife had so much fun and loved this adventure. We definitely want to do this again soon. It is just what we needed.

kappels

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Chattanooga, TN
Member #

Looks like a great trip! Did you find any “off road” areas at Max Patch? Looking to take a trip up there soon.

Lucky2Balive

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Looks like a great trip! Did you find any “off road” areas at Max Patch? Looking to take a trip up there soon.
We didn’t find anything off-road like around there but did pass a Jeep group of at least 15 coming back down. So it wouldn’t surprise me if the locals new of some trails there.

Reactions: kappels