Overland Related Recreation

• HTML tutorial

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

Hunting, fishing, hiking, geocaching, photography, mushroom picking (during the right seasons), foraging, teaching about flora and fauna in the areas where I am to folks whom are interested etc. Oh and making friends with the squirrels and chipmunks at camp...always have unsalted shelled peanuts for them. I have gotten quite of few of them to jump on my lap and pack their cheeks.

Reactions: Ricky-Bobbi

The_Roverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado Springs
Member #

Living in Colorado we have the luxury of world class mountain biking and dirt biking.
I love getting out for a good ride to stretch the legs after being behind the wheels for hours on end!

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Most of what’s been mentioned before, plus kayak fishing, plinking (or suppressed higher-caliber shooting), whittling, foraging, tightrope-walking, astral photography, bird watching, fossil hunting, metal detecting, canine recreation, kite flying, chess, and my personal favorite: reading a good book.
I know you can read a good book anywhere, but just like a good meal, for me it’s always better experienced out in nature.
We obviously don’t get to all activities every time we venture out, but usually at least a few depending on the situation.
Always looking to add more!

• Love
Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Wildflower searching and identification, birding, butterfly sighting/identification. Finding and following game trails as well as tracking along trails and stream sides - unless bear prints become evident and as mentioned earlier fungus (mushrooms and moss).

Since much of what I do is solo, listening to or feeling the breeze in the trees as weather fronts move is really high on the list - and a hammock helps there as well.

Living in the east (Appalachia) checking out water falls is also a "cool" pastime. (Pun intended)

When I've spent time in the SW deserts I used a guide book on Holes of the Desert to locate and ID various type critters and their preferred habits and hideouts... too much to see and do in nature to narrow the field to only a few activities.

Sometimes I find myself getting frustrated when I find a human shoe/foot print. Sad, I know... guess my best friend is mother nature and other folks presence seems to be a little disappointing.

• Love
Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

Wildflower searching and identification, birding, butterfly sighting/identification. Finding and following game trails as well as tracking along trails and stream sides - unless bear prints become evident and as mentioned earlier fungus (mushrooms and moss).

Since much of what I do is solo, listening to or feeling the breeze in the trees as weather fronts move is really high on the list - and a hammock helps there as well.

Living in the east (Appalachia) checking out water falls is also a "cool" pastime. (Pun intended)

When I've spent time in the SW deserts I used a guide book on Holes of the Desert to locate and ID various type critters and their preferred habits and hideouts... too much to see and do in nature to narrow the field to only a few activities.

Sometimes I find myself getting frustrated when I find a human shoe/foot print. Sad, I know... guess my best friend is mother nature and other folks presence seems to be a little disappointing.
❤It!!!!

Jon L

Rank IV
Launch Member

Benefactor

Ottawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lalonde
Member #

Fishing, beers with friends, Axe throwing, stopping to just listen to nature speak.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
In addition to over-landing and travel we enjoy camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, canoeing, rock climbing, photography, sightseeing, all types of shooting, motorcycles and designing and fabricating stuff for our rig...
20170827_164139.jpg

Clay B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McCall, ID, USA
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Bradfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TTA
Service Branch
US Army
Hunting, fishing, general exploring, and search for the perfect hot spring.

Back Road Geezer

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Overarching everything is my love of being outdoors. I have always loved exploring, whether new hiking trails (when I was younger) or new overland driving routes (now that I'm officially a geezer). I'm an avid fly fisherman, so being able, and equipped, to go farther into the backcountry affords me the opportunity to access less crowded water and find more solitude. I've been fortunate to have traveled to many remote places around the world and have learned that with experience, planning and the right gear there are very few places one cannot get to. Where there's a will, there's a route.DSCF1143.JPG

Reactions: RJ Howell