Overland newb here

• HTML tutorial

z06jeff

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Been reading and researching a lot in here the last few months, so I thought I'd make a post.
I've been daily driving Trackers for over 10 years now, and I'm currently on my 3rd one. I did a spacer lift and 30" tires on my last one (an 02 ZR2), but never did any overlanding with it. Rust started creeping in so I had to part with it. This one is 100% rust free, and honestly the cleanest Tracker I've seen since they were on dealer lots, so I have bigger plans for it since it looks like I'll be able to hang on to it for awhile. Already have the 2" lift sitting in the garage waiting for warmer weather. Since this one is a 4cy, I'll also need to gear down so the 30's won't make it so sluggish. I'll probably do airlift bags in the rear since I've always felt Tracker springs are too soft. I'm also in the market for a rooftop tent. The wife is on board with idea and wants to go on some weekend adventures this summer.Spruce Knob Lake 2-16-19.jpg We made our first little trip last weekend when we went to Dolly Sods, WV which is only a 2.5 hr drive from home. Looking forward to going back later in the summer when the gates are opened up for the season. Also plan to explore Bald Eagle, and we're talking about a trip to Pine Creek as well.

My other hobbies are autocrossing my 02 Z06 and vintage road racing a Formula Ford a couple times a year. The road racing is actually where I first got the idea to get a rooftop tent so I could stay at the track for the weekend instead of paying hotel fees. When I told the wife that idea, she said only if I take her camping in it. That's when I found this forum, and from the looks of things, my next obsession.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Good looking Tracker. I look forward to hearing about your plans for this one. Good luck with the build out.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Been reading and researching a lot in here the last few months, so I thought I'd make a post.
I've been daily driving Trackers for over 10 years now, and I'm currently on my 3rd one. I did a spacer lift and 30" tires on my last one (an 02 ZR2), but never did any overlanding with it. Rust started creeping in so I had to part with it. This one is 100% rust free, and honestly the cleanest Tracker I've seen since they were on dealer lots, so I have bigger plans for it since it looks like I'll be able to hang on to it for awhile. Already have the 2" lift sitting in the garage waiting for warmer weather. Since this one is a 4cy, I'll also need to gear down so the 30's won't make it so sluggish. I'll probably do airlift bags in the rear since I've always felt Tracker springs are too soft. I'm also in the market for a rooftop tent. The wife is on board with idea and wants to go on some weekend adventures this summer.View attachment 86787 We made our first little trip last weekend when we went to Dolly Sods, WV which is only a 2.5 hr drive from home. Looking forward to going back later in the summer when the gates are opened up for the season. Also plan to explore Bald Eagle, and we're talking about a trip to Pine Creek as well.

My other hobbies are autocrossing my 02 Z06 and vintage road racing a Formula Ford a couple times a year. The road racing is actually where I first got the idea to get a rooftop tent so I could stay at the track for the weekend instead of paying hotel fees. When I told the wife that idea, she said only if I take her camping in it. That's when I found this forum, and from the looks of things, my next obsession.
Welcome!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I've been daily driving Trackers for over 10 years now, and I'm currently on my 3rd one. I did a spacer lift and 30" tires on my last one (an 02 ZR2), but never did any overlanding with it. Rust started creeping in so I had to part with it. This one is 100% rust free, and honestly the cleanest Tracker I've seen since they were on dealer lots, so I have bigger plans for it since it looks like I'll be able to hang on to it for awhile. Already have the 2" lift sitting in the garage waiting for warmer weather. Since this one is a 4cy, I'll also need to gear down so the 30's won't make it so sluggish. I'll probably do airlift bags in the rear since I've always felt Tracker springs are too soft. I'm also in the market for a rooftop tent. The wife is on board with idea and wants to go on some weekend adventures this summer.View attachment 86787 We made our first little trip last weekend when we went to Dolly Sods, WV which is only a 2.5 hr drive from home. Looking forward to going back later in the summer when the gates are opened up for the season. Also plan to explore Bald Eagle, and we're talking about a trip to Pine Creek as well.

Welcome to Overland Bound

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684

Welcome to OLB. Where from in Pa? I'm between Greensburg and Uniontown.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova