First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
20170611_064920.jpg

I just wanted to take a few moments and give you guys an update on what has been happening with the Overland Minivan. We have had our first year with the Tepui Tent with annex and we absolutely love it!!! We have managed a start on our gear storage. We could only fit 2 storage bins but that covers most of what we need. We also are members of Search and Rescue so we keep our packs in there full time as well. No fridge yet but have a cooler for now!!

IMG_0747.JPG

We have also added a couple Ram mounts in the Cab to hold my cell phone and an Ipad Mini. We are still waiting for our Bluetooth GPS receiver for the Ipad to make it fully functional. That should be a big step up from the cell phone for Nav. We will also be adding another Ram Mount for the Baeofeng radio for coms.

IMG_0752.JPG
I also wanted to mention that the Overland Minivan got some new shoes!!! Started to loose air in the rear tire and the fronts were going bald. When I went to the tire store I asked for some robust tires with strong sidewalls because of the amount of time we spend out in the woods either hunting, fishing or with Search and Rescue. I bought the BFGoodrich T/A KO2's!! So far I am very impressed!!

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

Lastly, we bought a Tmax Dual Battery system and hope to install a little later in the spring!! At some point down the road we will start looking at adding a fridge. Can't wait for that!!

IMG_0766.JPG

That's all for now!!

Happy Trails

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Overland minivan,
You have a good working set up it looks to me! It sure is nice to have the room of a minivan to haul you stuff inside and safe! Benz.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Awesome !

My wife had a Caravan years ago and it was the best vehicle we ever owned. It's part of the reason we ALWAYS buy Mopar now.

As a musician, I've always loved vans, and yes I'm old enough to remember "those days"........

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
Oops... I forgot to mention that I am running Hema and Back roads map book on the LG G4 and I have Gaia and Google maps on the Ipad.

I know....I have a map obsession!!! I love the paper ones too!!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: JimInBC

Eabmoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
I really like the van platform (I much prefer being completely self sufficient inside my vehicle) and It does fine for the off road destinations that I go to. I spent a lot of time driving all over Baja in a Honda Civic wagon when I was younger. It wasn’t great but I could get where I wanted to go. I’m researching how to get a little ground clearance on my van. Not sure how far I’ll take this. For right now it’s great for surf trips out to the Oregon coast and very comfortable to live in for weeks at a time.

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
Reactions: Graeman

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
Those tires are awesome. So many of us get hung up on marketing thinking that we need tube chassis rock crawlers to Offroad when really our daily drivers are more than sufficient. Good on you for overlanding the family truckster.
So true....there are many places we can't go but there are soooo many we can.

Adventure is what you make it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Road

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

So are you happy with the KO2's?

Am getting new tires for my little suv next month which will be a massive upgrade over the current crap that's on it now.

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
I want a Caravan GT with fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seating. I'm seriously considering this.