Overland Meeting in Charleston, WV

• HTML tutorial

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

Hello everyone looking to gauge interest in a Overland meeting in Charleston West Virginia and hopefully heading down towards new River Gorge. Still need to put together some trails down that direction. Anyone with any knowledge of any trails in West Virginia, Summerville lake, new river gorge please let me know. Would like to do a meet up in Charleston and look at everyone’s rigs and then head out for maybe two or three days of trails.

Come on guys these teams out west are putting together way more stuff than us and we should have plenty of trails and an awesome scenery here in West Virginia and Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

Gotcha thank you for responding. It’s about a 2hour drive for me just thinking of a central location in WV to meet then there are plenty of trails near beckley and in southern va

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Certainly. Talking about a possible day trip to Elizabeth Furnace in VA (near Front Royal) with sabjku on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

I might be down for something like that if we can get multiple people and at least a weekend. That would be almost a 6hr drive for me [emoji58]

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

I just know there are plenty of people in this area and I never see anything set up. So I’m willing to put the time in to get something going in the area. VA I have seen a couple meets going on but West Virginia has been quiet as can be and I just want to get the ball rolling. I’d like to have meets every month

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

If it’s on the East side, I’m sure some of us VA guys would show.

This is all still pretty new to me. [emoji16]

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

Well good it’s new to me to but I’m tired of watching YouTube and not getting out there and doing it lol. Well I’ll start researching more trails. I have gps tracks of a bunch around beckley southern VA but I need more I think

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Well good it’s new to me to but I’m tired of watching YouTube and not getting out there and doing it lol. Well I’ll start researching more trails. I have gps tracks of a bunch around beckley southern VA but I need more I think

Cool!

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

Hi Zach,
Not sure if you are into pay campsites, but I just went last weekend to Williamsport WV (Twin Mountain Off-road). If you are passing by that way and need a place to regroup on your journey, they have hot showers and bathroom facilities also. Here is a link to a video that our club president put together of our 3 day weekend there.

Here is the link to their website if you want to make reservations.
http://www.twinmountainoffroad.com/

They also offer a off-road medical training, which I thought was pretty interesting. Hope this helps!
Just wanted to set this here and see if anyone would be interested in this place. It is a pay site but you have hot showers...

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

I’m really liking the idea of that pay site. I can’t get anyone in WV to get off their butts so I guess the edge of Va is were I’ll narrow down trails to. I have several in the area I’ll upload those trails tonight and see if anyone has any first hand experience with them

ronrob92

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arlington, VA
Member #

Awesome! Do you know any other overlanders that may be interested?

I would be! My area to the WV/VA border is about 2 hours. I'm willing to trek out to Winchester/Gore/Eastern West Virginia most weekends. Hot showers during the humid season sound great too.

Edit: I've got a friend with a JK that would definitely be interested too.