Overland Lift

• HTML tutorial

wolftaco0503

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Evanston, IL
Member #

I have a 2013 Toyota Trd Pro Sport. I need a lift. I want to overland, trail ride, and generally do all the things that my truck was made for. I know this is a loaded question but what lifts are good for this? OME ? Thanks All

Last edited:

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Is it an actual Pro? If it is the Bilstein suspension it came with can be easily and fairly cheaply up graded. A small top plate spacer up front and new rear springs would do the trick. The 5160 remote resi rear shock can handle about 2" of lift. The OME Dakar pack can be adjusted several ways. You can remove the long overload spring and get around 2" of lift while maintains all the load capacity still. The fronts a basically the 6112 shock but with out the height adjustment. A .5" top plate spacer would get you to around 2.25-2.5" of lift. It would work great and if you did the work your self would be under $500 ish.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Locker? What color are the Bilstein's? The trd pro has been around since 2012 at least. They made other "pro" trucks before that. The lastest model started this year in the 3rd gen Taco. It has Fox suspension.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

So if you need a full suspension set up. Go to http://www.headstrongoffroad.com/. Best prices and free shipping on all orders. Bang for the buck I would go with Bilstein 5100's with 885 or 887 coil spring up front. 5100 rear with dakar leafs. This is a great setup. The old man emu springs are good but I'm not a fan of their regular shocks. I do however love the BP51's.

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I have a 2013 Tundra and went with a 2" ome lift with heavy springs in the front and Dakar leafs in the back.

Works great for me on rough roads and such. I've driven it out to Moab a couple times. Once solo and once loaded with dirt bikes and a trailer. I'm very happy with the ride and how it sits. The lift levelled the truck and rides nice both on highway and off.

I may make some changes to upper control arms etc. But I'm pretty happy the way it is.

Last edited:

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I'm doing the Sonoran Steel kit. They have Radflo 2.5 rebuildable shocks and 2" lift. I have a 3rd gen, so my kit will be a little different.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

No, I have Old Man Emu BP51's. They are super badass, but spendy. It was a tough choice between these and Kings.