Overland is amazing life style!!

• HTML tutorial

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Welcome. Colombia is a great country and Colombians are the nicest people on the planet. By far, it is our favorite Latin American country and Villa de Leyva will forever be within our hearts. We did miss out on Cano Cristales but that makes a great excuse to drive through again someday.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’ve enjoyed every minute overlanding. Here in Colombia overland is growing up every day. It is a new way to continue exploring the country!!! Thanks
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

NEMESIS_PILOT

Rank I

Contributor III

Bogotá, Colombia
First Name
Juan Felipe
Last Name
Londono
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Nemesis
Service Branch
Colombian Navy
Welcome. Colombia is a great country and Colombians are the nicest people on the planet. By far, it is our favorite Latin American country and Villa de Leyva will forever be within our hearts. We did miss out on Cano Cristales but that makes a great excuse to drive through again someday.
Colombia have a lot of places to visit, to go out off the grid you have several options to altitude. Just in a couple hours yo can decend from 10.000 ft into the mountains, to 0 ft above sea level. Villa de Leyva is wonderful, but barichara, the coffee triangle, and other small towns are beautiful. It will be my pleasure guide you!!

Reactions: John and Mandi

4x4tripping

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Switzerland
First Name
Heinz
Last Name
Treben
Welcome at ob!

I hope to overland @ colombia too - in the future! I did start at 2015 in argentina, but did use 6 months till equador.

Had do suspend my trip after that for a later timeframe.

Hope it will come in the next years! If not, we will come to overland by rental - what is always an option too, instead if shipping the car and doing an xxl journey!

trippin

NEMESIS_PILOT

Rank I

Contributor III

Bogotá, Colombia
First Name
Juan Felipe
Last Name
Londono
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Nemesis
Service Branch
Colombian Navy
Welcome at ob!

I hope to overland @ colombia too - in the future! I did start at 2015 in argentina, but did use 6 months till equador.

Had do suspend my trip after that for a later timeframe.

Hope it will come in the next years! If not, we will come to overland by rental - what is always an option too, instead if shipping the car and doing an xxl journey!

trippin
Great!! Just send a flare!!!

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Colombia have a lot of places to visit, to go out off the grid you have several options to altitude. Just in a couple hours yo can decend from 10.000 ft into the mountains, to 0 ft above sea level. Villa de Leyva is wonderful, but barichara, the coffee triangle, and other small towns are beautiful. It will be my pleasure guide you!!
We spent 6 months in Colombia during our drive south and visited many places. We also liked Barichara (and El Cocuy) but we ended up spending a couple months in Villa de Leyva so it became our favorite place, we actually drove back to VDL after extending our tourist and vehicle permits in Armenia. We did cut the south eastern part very short and realized that was a big mistake as we were driving to San Miguel to cross into Ecuador. When we make it back to Colombia we'd be more than happy to spend time together exploring more of your great country.

Reactions: NEMESIS_PILOT

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I’ve enjoyed every minute overlanding. Here in Colombia overland is growing up every day. It is a new way to continue exploring the country!!! Thanks
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.