Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fergus, Wellington County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Some of you who were at the Toronto meet up back in March would have met my new Overland Adventure Hound. For those of you you have not, this is Navajo. So far, he has been enjoying our adventures around north america and he loves the roof top tent. He has figured it how to climb up the ladder, but coming down he needs assistance. Lol2029712285.jpg1379143847.jpg668239663.jpg959143893.jpg969168763.jpg

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Your pupper is adorbs, but I'm very curious about your rig! Do you have a build thread? I love the form factor of the Renegade, but the reviews I've seen make the 4wd system seem quite disappointing.
I post more renegade stuff over on toasterjeep.com, but I may do more of an "overland specific" build thread here on the OB forums.

Reactions: Eric8541

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Sofi went on her first camping trip and had an absolute blast. First time she's been in the woods and she did phenomenal! And yes she takes her Kong with her everywhere she goes, no exceptions. View attachment 99022View attachment 99023View attachment 99025View attachment 99033View attachment 99034View attachment 99035View attachment 99036View attachment 99037
Well at least she put it down for some pic's. Keep it up and she will be off the leash all the time as soon as she learns her expected boundaries:grin:

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Bacon, my Beagle/Basset mix
Very cute, all geared up for cold weather expedition's........How difficult was the acclimation to the booties? Back in the day as a kid, the family went to Delmar ghost town in Central-East NV. Over a 3 day period our pup became so footsore from the rocks, that he spent the next 3 days recovering on his pad. But he was a HAPPY PUP.

Last edited:

mrpnicolas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nicolas
Member #

Very cute, all geared up for cold weather expedition's........How difficult was the acclimation to the booties? Back in the day as a kid, the family went to Delmar ghost town in Central-East NV. Over a 3 day period our pup became so footsore from the rocks, that he spent the next 3 days rediscovering. But he was a HAPPY PUP.

I got lucky with him. I adopted him a year ago and was super chill. No problems with putting the harness, jackets or booties on. He does the funny dog dance for a few minutes and figures it out. I have mixed feelings with the booties. Yes, they do protect their paws/pads from the elements but it sags and can potentially leave skin burns or damage to the dew claw. He's a short coat dog so I had to double up on jackets and he was still shivering. But yes, a HAPPY dog :grinning:.