Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
If you see a good sale on Overland gear please post up here, I think we all like to get a good deal when we can!

Right now I think this is a great deal, hopefully I can raise the cash to buy it before the deal expires!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Not technically Overland gear but a really good clearance deal right now on Men's Duluth Trading 5-Pocket Fire Hose Pants, heavy duty pants for the outdoors. I buy them and use them as dress slacks for my indoor job, once they start to show wear I use them for hunting pants. Just ordered two more to replace the two I've been wearing to work for a few years, will use them for hunting pants now and use the new ones for work.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
If anyone knows a good source for Lithium batteries please do tell! For $369 I can buy a Flexopower 40ah power pack with built in MPPT for charging with solar and a 400W inverter built in. I go online to Amazon and Ebay and try to find a 40-50ah lithium battery and they cost more than I can get the Flexopower for and are just the battery without an MPPT solar charge controller or built in inverter. At this point I might just save up for another Flexopower.

Reactions: grubworm

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I know this here on the Forum in a couple of places already but this is a good deal and deserves to be here! Great for deploying and packing up a RTT or for other uses around camp, makes a good seating bench too! Very light and strong!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I know this here on the Forum in a couple of places already but this is a good deal and deserves to be here! Great for deploying and packing up a RTT or for other uses around camp, makes a good seating bench too! Very light and strong!

Good find, easy storage item too. Pretty good load capacity, leaves me room for 50 additional pounds ! :-)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
If anyone knows a good source for Lithium batteries please do tell! For $369 I can buy a Flexopower 40ah power pack with built in MPPT for charging with solar and a 400W inverter built in. I go online to Amazon and Ebay and try to find a 40-50ah lithium battery and they cost more than I can get the Flexopower for and are just the battery without an MPPT solar charge controller or built in inverter. At this point I might just save up for another Flexopower.
I think I'll stick with a pair of wal-mart $79 lead acid marine battery (135ah) that will last 6-7 years.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I think I'll stick with a pair of wal-mart $79 lead acid marine battery (135ah) that will last 6-7 years.
I'm sticking with the 64 pound 90ah free AGM batteries I picked up from work when they got rid of a big UPS unit. One battery will run my fridge for two days before needing to be recharged! I'd like to switch to lithium for the weight reduction. Love my 12lb 40ah Flexopower 444!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I'm sticking with the 64 pound 90ah free AGM batteries I picked up from work when they got rid of a big UPS unit. One battery will run my fridge for two days before needing to be recharged! I'd like to switch to lithium for the weight reduction. Love my 12lb 40ah Flexopower 444!
Anything free is GREAT. Weight reduction is Great. I already have weight reduction because I travel alone and will be camping alone. I don't have space problems because I am keeping it simple. Therefore I don't mind Lead Acid batteries and LOVE the cost savings. As you know I haven't been able to go anywhere this year in my new rig and still working on two separate rig setups as money allows, and body heals (I hope) . Benn spending like crazy on parts and labor for both rigs recently but no values found anywhere to speak of. If I could do the labor I would be out there twice as fast but having to hire mechanics is costly.

Reactions: Viking1204

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
This company has good products

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
1575051972356.png
DBR2500 Dual Band Amateur Two-Way Radio
Midland has this baby on sale today..........BLACK FRIDAY. Regular price $149.99.

Now I just checked the discount code for........'overlandusa'......and this is still a viable discount code at 20% off. If you use the discount code for just today, it is ....'blackfriday.'......at 25% off.
This is the Any-Tone/Vertevis radio under the logo.pngbrand which gets USA support vs China with little to no support here. So if you have a problem with it, you can at least have the option to get it fixed/exchanged.

The blackfriday discount puts this radio at the same price point as the other 2 China offerings. For those looking for a dual band radio, without dropping a wad of cash, this might be a option for you, SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT :sunglasses:

EDIT:
Wow there looks like 3 different threads are going on at the same time about Black Friday/Xmas deals. Found them after posting this............
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
somehow missed this in the Xmas OP thread, so it is now a ditto in more than 1 OP. Thread:fearscream:
MidlandUSA - Midland Radio | Two Way Radios and Weather Radios by Prerunner1982
25% off promocode BLACKFRIDAY
ends 11/29/2019

Last edited:

andrewksu

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Dickson
Member #

We''ll be offering a variety of deals now through Christmas. Right now we have some great sales (15-25%) on lighting. We'll also be running some deals on winches and refrigerators, so check back in later. As always, we offer reward points on every purchase, earning an additional 10% off future purchases. Awesome Overlanding Gifts - Sidetrek Overland

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We''ll be offering a variety of deals now through Christmas. Right now we have some great sales (15-25%) on lighting. We'll also be running some deals on winches and refrigerators, so check back in later. As always, we offer reward points on every purchase, earning an additional 10% off future purchases. Awesome Overlanding Gifts - Sidetrek Overland
I checked your listed site. I don't know how anyone could or would pay the prices listed for the goods. Nothing there that I would buy @ those prices even with discounts. Sorry

andrewksu

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Dickson
Member #

I checked your listed site. I don't know how anyone could or would pay the prices listed for the goods. Nothing there that I would buy @ those prices even with discounts. Sorry
Sorry about that. Is there something specific that was higher than you expected? I'm below Amazon on sale items and have a 10% reward on top of that, although as a small shop I can't compete on everything. Happy to help if there is something specific you're looking for. Cheers!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
www.solostove.com is offering some great deals for Cyber Monday! I picked up a Solo Stove Bonfire for a great price and some of the smaller ones are buy one get one free today!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sorry about that. Is there something specific that was higher than you expected? I'm below Amazon on sale items and have a 10% reward on top of that, although as a small shop I can't compete on everything. Happy to help if there is something specific you're looking for. Cheers!
Nothing specific, just browsing, I need many things though and my budget is low. I didn't see anything that would compete with Amazon, but like you said I shouldn't expect you to be able to compete with them and I don't. Thanks for your post, it did allow me to shop and I will check back when I do have a specific item I need.
G'day fellow member !