Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
For those of you who are Military or Retired Military and want to camp 15 minutes away from the crowd at the Expo contact me and I will check into getting us an area for $5.00 per night on base. I can make the reservations in April when they open up - currently closed during the winter months.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Wichita Falls sounds like a plan. We're looking to leave Baton Rouge on the morning of the 15th. Leaving at 0600ish should put us around there about 1500 or so depending on how long it takes me to get across the Big Muddy with morning rush hour traffic. Of course we can leave earlier depending on the group. Looking through the thread, it looks like I'm the only one coming from east of the river from the I-10 corridor so far and its about 8 1/2 hours from here to there, so...

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I cant wait to get everyone together for a meet-up at the OLB booth Saturday evening of Expo! Rally Point will come out in the next month or so.

Reactions: Firemom and ru108

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Awesome, Me and a friend will be coming from Birmingham, Alabama. We are going to get there via a Ouray, Moab, and then on to Flagstaff for Expo. My buddy that is going went to West 2yrs ago but this will be my first trip to Expo West. We went the Expo Experience route so looking forward to it all.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Anyone from the Mid-Atlantic area interested in driving out to Expo? I'd take the time off work to do a nice road trip out there.

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
Southern Arizona folks!!

We're planning on running up friday evening and camping at 35.027209, -111.443119. Then heading into OXW early the next morning. We're undecided as to if we're camping at the OXW for Saturday night, or going back to that lat/long to camp again. All are welcome to join us at Friday camp (and Saturday if we're back at the same spot).

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

This is my first time attending one of these. I am not sure what package I should be buying. I want to stay the entire time in my Jeep but I'm not sure I want to do all the classes. Will I be able to change my mind and pay for additional items once I am there or do I have to make my mind up right now? Any suggestions?

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
This is my first time attending one of these. I am not sure what package I should be buying. I want to stay the entire time in my Jeep but I'm not sure I want to do all the classes. Will I be able to change my mind and pay for additional items once I am there or do I have to make my mind up right now? Any suggestions?
For the most part, your question is hard to answer since this year is the first year for new management of Overland Expo, so it's hard to say what their policies are.

But, I do know that they are very responsive to email questions. I emailed info@overlandexpo.com with a question on camping packages and got a reply in less than 24 hours. I'd say try that.

FWIW: The Camping package gives you access to just about everything except classes. I think.

Reactions: Cendee