Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I’ll be at McDonald’s in the Cajon Pass at 4:00 Thursday morning. I’ll need to fuel at All of the other stops, thanks 11 gallon fuel tank!

Last edited:

Danavision

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventura, CA
Member #

I'm sort of in a quandary because the fastest route ( according to Google Maps) is the 101/210/15 which would take me to the McDonalds in Phelan at 4 a.m. I would have to leave at 2 am. If I meet in Barstow the fastest route is the same and it would take me 2:47 minutes. I could leave a half an hour later, but pass right by the McDonalds in Phelan. I think I'll just meet at the McDonalds in Phelan because I won't need that half hour of sleep!!

Miller8152

Rank IV

Advocate III

Moorpark, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
I will be coming from Moorpark in Ventura County, but we will meet up in Victorville at the McDonalds at 4AM.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Our 3rd Annual "Convoy 40" over to the Overland Expo West. The convoy consists of Southern California Overland Bound members and guests.

We will be traveling to the Overland Expo West on HWY 40 East over to Ft. Tuthill County Park, Flagstaff, AZ.
Leaving Thursday May16 at 4am. There are 3 Meet Up Points along the way. ETA 11am.

Please review Google Maps Link below.
McDonald's to Fort Tuthill County Park
McDonald's to Fort Tuthill County Park

Travel Time 6.5 Hours / 410 Miles — Average Speed 60/65

1ST MEET UP POINT - 4:00AM / PULL OUT 4:15AM - 58 MINS TO 2ND MEETUP.
HWY 138/HWY 15 CAJON JUNCTION
McDonald's
3230 Wagon Train Rd, Phelan, CA 92371

2ND MEET UP POINT - 5:15AM / PULL OUT 5:30 - 2 h 34 min (166 mi) TO 3RD MEETUP
Valero Gas Station
491 Armory Rd, Barstow, CA 92311

3RD MEET UP POINT / Cheap Gas 15 min Break -7:45AM / PULL OUT 8:00AM - 39 min (39.6 mi) TO 4TH MEETUP
Pilot Travel Center
14750 South, AZ-95, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404

FINAL MEET UP POINT - 8:45 / PULL OUT 8:50 - 2 h 15 min (149 mi) TO ENDPOINT
TA TRUCK STOP
946 W Beale St, Kingman, AZ 86401

OVERLAND EXPO WEST - ARRIVAL TIME: 11:00AM/11:15AM
Fort Tuthill County Park
2446 Fort Tuthill Loop, Flagstaff, AZ 86005

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Well my boat sold, so I will have to stay in Havasu until around 10am on Thursday, so I won't be joining the convoy, but I will see you guys at the expo. On the bright side, I will have some extra cash to spend.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Sad to say I will not be joining, I had a no notice minor surgery on the bottom of my foot, they did a deep biopsy where my cancer was taken out, I am off my feet for a few days...LOL my trailer is in my driveway all loaded and ready to go and I cant even unload it.....My first expo poof gone......

Be safe, have fun, stay warm!

Jim

PS for all you who dont know about that TA in Kingman, BE CAREFUL and keep your eyes open,,,,,,,

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
@Dominic OB0158...I am hoping to make it into camp around 2pm...I will be coming from the Phoenix area this year. Couldn't pull off the convoy this year and had to make a detour to see mom first. Hopefully there is room to fit in with the group but I have a pretty big spread this year so I will play it by ear once I roll in. Catch you all tomorrow!!!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Sad to say I will not be joining, I had a no notice minor surgery on the bottom of my foot, they did a deep biopsy where my cancer was taken out, I am off my feet for a few days...LOL my trailer is in my driveway all loaded and ready to go and I cant even unload it.....My first expo poof gone......

Be safe, have fun, stay warm!

Jim

PS for all you who dont know about that TA in Kingman, BE CAREFUL and keep your eyes open,,,,,,,
That so sucks. I too can relate to foot surgery. Mine has finally gone in a positive way, and the light is finally viable. Hope to be back in the outdoors in the fall.. Mine unfortunately was more long term. Get better soon.

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
HEre ya go only pic I got of this round got some others of the first one,,,,,,

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Oh LOL sorry, you most def do not want to see the first round, my foot looked dead with the skin graft off my thigh.....

Dude now I am bummed, though wow what a nice guy caring about my foot and all, nope just a bunch of expo rigs!

LOL!!

Jim

Reactions: Fjforles

Miller8152

Rank IV

Advocate III

Moorpark, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Couple pictures from the weekend. First pic is the convoy leaving kingman . One at expo the rest at south rim Grand Canyon, we hit a good snow storm there .View attachment 99138View attachment 99142

It's funny and thanks to you after being on the trail for 10 days after Expo West, I was able to convince my wife to buy a trailer. We just purchased a 2019 Air OPUS Offroad trailer and we are picking it up next weekend!