Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
We will be going out to the Expo (our first time). What are the details on the convoy?
It's our first time too. I've heard nothing but great reports from past expos. I know Dominic is at Tierra Del Sol this weekend & the convoy is his gig. I'm sure he will be posting additional info. soon.

kandyredcoi

Rank III

Advocate II

Southern California
First Name
Coi
Last Name
Tajo
Member #

looks like ill be going thurs-sat
planning on leaving late wed night or super early on thurs amd staying til Sat early AM (got work)
if there an IE convoy and/or camp details please post info thanks

Coi T. • ‘17 JKU • SoCal OB#5955

Reactions: NightCrawler

cA12Lo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edwards, California
Member #

I'll be coming from Edwards AFB. Anyone from Palmdale/Lancaster/Barstow area joining the convoy? If not, will the convoy be driving through Barstow enroute I40?

LBBronc90

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA
Member #

I will be starting from Long Beach. Planning on leaving Thursday. Maybe we set up a thursday night meet point somewhere inbetween. Then we can convoy as a large group from there?

Sent from my SM-G892U using OB Talk mobile app

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
I will be starting from Long Beach. Planning on leaving Thursday. Maybe we set up a thursday night meet point somewhere inbetween. Then we can convoy as a large group from there?

Sent from my SM-G892U using OB Talk mobile app
Why not join the convoy already meeting up on Thursday morning?

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We are going as well... but cannot get out of work until 2pm on Friday.. We will head to flagstaff for a planned arrival around 11:30pm. We have a Hotel for the first night, since they do not allow the overland campers to arrive later than 8pm. Our route is 99S to 58E to 15/40E and straight to Flagstaff from there. We are bringing the Tundra with either a RTT, or if 4WP comes through with their sponsorship, a Smittybilt Scout Trailer with RTT.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
If anyone feels like getting up early to be at the convoy meeting spot at 5:00 am just isn't early enough, we will be stopping at the Starbucks located right off the 15 fwy just north of the 91 fwy (455 Hidden Valley Pkwy., Norco) for our 1st cup of coffee. They open at 4:30 am, so we will have just enough time to grab a cup to go and make it to the Mc Donalds by 5:00 am. We will be there at 4:15-4:20'ish, cuz we're crazy like that :tonguewink:.

Also, if anyone is into mountain biking (beginner/intermediate level), we are bringing our bikes and plan to do a little riding. There are some trails we can pick-up right from the Expo camping area.

See ya'all bright & early on the 17th.

AAMoussa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mission Viejo
First Name
Abdulrazad
Last Name
Moussa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6SLG
Newbie as well, leaving from OC approximately 02:00 a.m. Sat morning to get there approximately 08:00ish. It's approximately 7 hours of driving (nonstop) from OC to Flagstaff, AZ. Only staying Sat night and heading back home late Sunday morning due to work and children's school.

AAMoussa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mission Viejo
First Name
Abdulrazad
Last Name
Moussa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6SLG
I'll be coming from Garden Grove.
What day and time are you planning to leave? I'm leave at 02:00 a.m. on Sat from Mission Viejo. We can link up off the 15 fwy somewhere if you're leaving on the same day.

Last edited:

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

I’m leaving Central Valley Friday 2pm ish 99S to 58E to 40E in case anyone is taking that route...