First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1TXO
Hey all!

So I found out today that one of my photos (below) was voted into the Overland Expo Photo Contest, and last night was chosen by judges as one of the top 8 images. I was hoping you all might take a chance to vote for it - I'd greatly appreciate it! By their rules you can vote once per day, per IP address.

Thanks so much for the consideration, and perhaps even your vote!

Here's the link:

Overland Expo Photo Contest

Here's the story:

While winter wheeling with a friend in New Hampshire’s White Mountains my Jeep broke through thick ice of a frozen-over river, requiring recovery from my buddy’s JKU. I took a moment to photograph him pulling the FlatLink at the end of his winch line towards the Grand Cherokee to pull me back safely. The photo was handheld, taken at ISO400, f/2.8, 1/50" exposure.

And here's the image:

Epic Winchline Pull - OverlandExpo Contest
by 2180miles

2180miles

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wake Forest, NC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1TXO

Overland Expo Photo Contest Winner
by 2180miles

We just found out we won the Overland Expo photo contest with this image! Huge thanks to the contest organizers, other finalist photographers, and everyone who voted our image to the top! Can't wait to go to Asheville, NC this fall for Overland Expo East!

Special thanks to Factor 55, WARN, and Black Oak LED for their sponsorship of the Jeep & making the winch recovery portion of this photo possible!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

That is AWESOME! Congrats!!!

by 2180miles

We just found out we won the Overland Expo photo contest with this image! Huge thanks to the contest organizers, other finalist photographers, and everyone who voted our image to the top! Can't wait to go to Asheville, NC this fall for Overland Expo East!

Special thanks to Factor 55, WARN, and Black Oak LED for their sponsorship of the Jeep & making the winch recovery portion of this photo possible!

Reactions: 2180miles

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Well

by 2180miles

Well done! Congrats !!

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
What an amazing shot! Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the beautiful vistas of the desert SW as much as anyone, but your shot has movement, unique lighting and great colors. Well done!

2180miles

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wake Forest, NC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1TXO
What an amazing shot! Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the beautiful vistas of the desert SW as much as anyone, but your shot has movement, unique lighting and great colors. Well done!
Thanks so much. I was humbled to be chosen amongst the other images, especially because of all the adventure photos I've taken this certainly isn't one I thought was contest-worthy by any means, but it stands out in that "real grit" kind of way. It was an honest, rough & tough moment. I really appreciate what you said and the qualities you see in the image!

Looking forward to bringing the Jeep to Expo East this fall :)

Reactions: Smokey_Bear_JLUR