Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

About to get my camping and expos passes for Expo East. I see a spot for coupon codes. Does anyone have one that would be willing to share? Is there a code for members?

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
Great question... just gonna our this here and see if anyone answers!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
@Wawa Skittletits any idea on this one?
I’m unaware of any coupon codes at the moment. Here’s something to think about. Last year both Expedition Portal and BROG released codes but it wasn’t until late August which is pretty consistent with previous years. If you wait for a code you could potentially miss out on camping on site and the main classes you might want will be full.

Reactions: diabetiktaco

Agards1011

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

I’m unaware of any coupon codes at the moment. Here’s something to think about. Last year both Expedition Portal and BROG released codes but it wasn’t until late August which is pretty consistent with previous years. If you wait for a code you could potentially miss out on camping on site and the main classes you might want will be full.
Yeah...as I was searching around I found the same thing. It appeared that those codes came out around that time last year. My friend and I ended up just getting the camping pass...even splurged for the extra $35 for the forest camping upgrade. We have never been...so not sure if it was worth it or not. It stated there were only 120 spots for that (or something close to that). We plan on traveling up from Sarasota, FL and dropping the wives off in Savannah for a little girls getaway on the way. Probably won't arrive until the afternoon on Friday, Oct 9...so the forest camping hopefully will help us sort of reserve a better spot.

I'm sure as it gets closer there will be some threads here about meet ups, trip planning, general tips, etc. We are really looking forward to it. Anyone here go last year to East? Any easy tips to share?

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
I would be interested in a convoy from NJ if anyone from here is interested in meeting up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We do not have a code at this time. But I am looking for a couple of members that might want to work our booth in exchange for a pass for the event and camping. If anyone is interested either message me here @Kent R or email Kent@overlandbound.com

Reactions: Agards1011

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Also we have a member who volunteers for Expo that will set up the Overland Bound camping area once again. @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

There is a discount code usually for active military member.

Last year, they have a discount code to stimulate attendences. This year, I doubt they will have discount. But keep checking back in when time is near. The venue is big and capable to hold more than enough attendee. Low ticket sell = discount to boost more attendee.