Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just purchased my tickets! Can't wait to meet everyone!

@Viking1204...Did you find a place to crash on the way up? If not and if you're coming up I-95, we have plenty of space for you to park and set up your RTT. We're in Sumter, SC about 7-8 miles off of I-95, so you wouldn't have to go too far off of the interstate.
I did, @Wellspring is going to let me crash at his place, thanks for the offer!

Reactions: Wellspring

chrisgardner73

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sumter, Sumter County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just purchased my tickets! Can't wait to meet everyone!

No worries! If anything changes, the offer still stands.
@Viking1204...Did you find a place to crash on the way up? If not and if you're coming up I-95, we have plenty of space for you to park and set up your RTT. We're in Sumter, SC about 7-8 miles off of I-95, so you wouldn't have to go too far off of the interstate.
I did, @Wellspring is going to let me crash at his place, thanks for the offer!

Reactions: ArJayDubbaU

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
We are considering applying to teach and sit on some roundtables. No guarantee we’ll be accepted even though we have been roundtable panelists in the past. We were slated to teach a trip planning class and also building a budget class at Expo West 2020 but that one was canceled. We skipped them all last year.

Dan Grec is a great guy and represents exactly how most of us that have spent several years on the road view long term overlanding. We always get comments about running smallish tires, they are classed as 33s. Imagine the look on peoples faces when we tell them 17 inch 33s are easier to locate in other countries than 35s, 37s etc. We don’t choose based on looks or even the extra ground clearance, we have to pick based on availability. It’s a great segue into what multi-country travel entails, just a different frame of mind.

Back to the topic. We don’t have to wait for someone else to start a southeast thing. We can put together our own rally, something like the Northwest Overland Rally. Even if the first several are more informal, there’s more than enough experience in this group to cover the majority of the basic topics. Those are usually the best, in our opinion.

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Haha! I loved watching those too!

I'll check through my old pics when I get back home, and put them up.
I went through my pics from that trip. Sorry, but nothing from the fire, just a few boring pics of the RV area before the fire, and of some of the Superbike race. Nothing worth much.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well just over 3 months away, @Ohio Valley Overland have you heard anything as far as getting a dedicated Overland Bound campi9ng area or if there will be a Overland Bound presence this year with a booth/tent? @Michael do you have any good news for us? I plan to get their mid day on Wednesday hopefully if @Wellspring can keep up and will gladly help get things setup!

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
Well just over 3 months away, @Ohio Valley Overland have you heard anything as far as getting a dedicated Overland Bound campi9ng area or if there will be a Overland Bound presence this year with a booth/tent? @Michael do you have any good news for us? I plan to get their mid day on Wednesday hopefully if @Wellspring can keep up and will gladly help get things setup!
"Keep up"? Bawhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Viking1204

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I haven’t pushed getting a dedicated area but if I bring the 20x30 it will become a dedicated area…what do people think…should I bring the circus tent or not?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I have not been in contact with the people at OEE…I did send in a request to volunteer again this year but have not heard back…I think we are on our own…as of now I’m planning on arriving on Wednesday and try to get a good spot…I’ll post a map of the venue just like I have done in years past showing where I’ll be set up but there is no  guarantee that we will be able to camp together…@Vinking1204 didn’t you mention you had gotten a tall flag pole?…I’d bring that so that maybe we can get some members together…after much thought I’m not going to bring the circus tent…I think it would be just too over the top…it would look like we were vending or something in the campground…I don’t want to ruffle OEE or venue feathers…regardless I’ll be there throwing down with lots of tacos and bourbon

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have not been in contact with the people at OEE…I did send in a request to volunteer again this year but have not heard back…I think we are on our own…as of now I’m planning on arriving on Wednesday and try to get a good spot…I’ll post a map of the venue just like I have done in years past showing where I’ll be set up but there is no  guarantee that we will be able to camp together…@Vinking1204 didn’t you mention you had gotten a tall flag pole?…I’d bring that so that maybe we can get some members together…after much thought I’m not going to bring the circus tent…I think it would be just too over the top…it would look like we were vending or something in the campground…I don’t want to ruffle OEE or venue feathers…regardless I’ll be there throwing down with lots of tacos and bourbon
Yep, I'm currently redesigning the rack on the back of my truck and getting it powder coated and then I'll get the RTT mounted back up on it. Once that is done I'll figure out how to mount the pole and flag to get it up good and high above the other smaller tents. I'll bring my 10'x10' popup, maybe we get a few others to bring them and with 4 of them we could have a nice 20'x20' covered space as an area to mingle out of the hot sun or cold rain!

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
Yep, I'm currently redesigning the rack on the back of my truck and getting it powder coated and then I'll get the RTT mounted back up on it. Once that is done I'll figure out how to mount the pole and flag to get it up good and high above the other smaller tents. I'll bring my 10'x10' popup, maybe we get a few others to bring them and with 4 of them we could have a nice 20'x20' covered space as an area to mingle out of the hot sun or cold rain!
I'll bring my 8 x 8 pop up.