Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just ordered my Overland Bound Basecamp Flag, going to make sure it's up good and high at Expo East this year so hopefully I'll get to meet more members. Also brining my Mountain Bike so I have some transportation besides my truck, plan to use the RTT this year so not planning to move the truck once I arrive and get setup.

chrisgardner73

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sumter, Sumter County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'm currently contemplating getting tickets for the East event, but now that I see that there are plans for an OB contingent, I might pull the trigger. Are you guys going for the "grassy field" or "forest" camping? I was going to get a forest spot, but if everyone is in the field, I'll go for that; saves a few dollars and gets me closer to other members.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I'm currently contemplating getting tickets for the East event, but now that I see that there are plans for an OB contingent, I might pull the trigger. Are you guys going for the "grassy field" or "forest" camping? I was going to get a forest spot, but if everyone is in the field, I'll go for that; saves a few dollars and gets me closer to other members.
Don't get the forest camping...It's FAR AWAY from EVERYTHING!

chrisgardner73

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sumter, Sumter County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just purchased my tickets! Can't wait to meet everyone!

@Viking1204...Did you find a place to crash on the way up? If not and if you're coming up I-95, we have plenty of space for you to park and set up your RTT. We're in Sumter, SC about 7-8 miles off of I-95, so you wouldn't have to go too far off of the interstate.

PapaRoop

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Travelers Rest, SC, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ramsaroop
Member #

Ok folks I've started this thread for OXE22 so that we can come up with some ideas for next year. I love to get feed back from people so please let me know what we can do better next year. first if you were there fill out the survey they sent to you by email. Give them honest feed back about what they did well and what needs improvement. I may do a google form as well to find out what we can do next year too. As far as I could see most everyone who came by my camp and was hanging out had a good time. Tacos and bourbon were flying!....but the venue would not let me rope off an area and the area I had wanted to set up in was used for something else. I wish we could all have camped together but it simply was not in the cards....we will try again next year. I'm thinking of doing day long overland route out of the venue and out into the surrounding area. That would give us something we could do together outside of the camping area and give a since of community. Anyone want to take on that beast of an idea let me know. OK everyone, lets hear some ideas!
Hi,

My wife and I want to go this year. We are new to this whole experience and we want to learn together. Exactly how does it work? I see they sell tickets with you overlanding there, but when I go to click on the link, it doesn't open up. Any useful information would be awesome. We would like to sleep in our ground tent.

Reactions: Wellspring

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
Hi,

My wife and I want to go this year. We are new to this whole experience and we want to learn together. Exactly how does it work? I see they sell tickets with you overlanding there, but when I go to click on the link, it doesn't open up. Any useful information would be awesome. We would like to sleep in our ground tent.
I just tried, and it worked for me: Buy Tickets EAST — Overland Expo®

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Hi,

In short, you camp on site in a big field (ground tent is fine). Basically there's an expo ticket, which is just to the vendors and shows and such, or the Overland Experience ticket, which has education options. With the education part, there are two levels, one which is the classes only, and for like $75 more you can do the driving classes (there are several). Assuming that part, your wife would either get a passenger ticket (without the extra $75, or if you wanted her to drive too...).

Edit. I said that last part backwards. The Overland experience ticket includes the driving, then you can buy a passenger ticket which is usually a little cheaper.

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Ok folks I've started this thread for OXE22 so that we can come up with some ideas for next year. I love to get feed back from people so please let me know what we can do better next year. first if you were there fill out the survey they sent to you by email. Give them honest feed back about what they did well and what needs improvement. I may do a google form as well to find out what we can do next year too. As far as I could see most everyone who came by my camp and was hanging out had a good time. Tacos and bourbon were flying!....but the venue would not let me rope off an area and the area I had wanted to set up in was used for something else. I wish we could all have camped together but it simply was not in the cards....we will try again next year. I'm thinking of doing day long overland route out of the venue and out into the surrounding area. That would give us something we could do together outside of the camping area and give a since of community. Anyone want to take on that beast of an idea let me know. OK everyone, lets hear some ideas!
Hi,

Don’t buy the forest camping…it’s way out from all the festivities

Reactions: Wellspring

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
It’s not a big deal to haul it down…I just need a few folks to help set it up…we could host a campground party…I can bring smoke machines, a light show, PA system…the worlds first Overland Disco…all you got to do is say the word…my motorcycle club puts on the hell of a bash in the campground at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio in Lexington Ohio every year…come out and see the mayhem…7/22-24/22
Mayhem is right! The last time I was at Mid-Ohio was the early 2000's for an AMA Super Bike race. Several RV's ending up catching fire and burning to the frames in the campground...

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

It’s not a big deal to haul it down…I just need a few folks to help set it up…we could host a campground party…I can bring smoke machines, a light show, PA system…the worlds first Overland Disco…all you got to do is say the word…my motorcycle club puts on the hell of a bash in the campground at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio in Lexington Ohio every year…come out and see the mayhem…7/22-24/22
Mayhem is right! The last time I was at Mid-Ohio was the early 2000's for an AMA Super Bike race. Several RV's ending up catching fire and burning to the frames in the campground...
What year was that?…I’ve been going since 2009 and never seen an RV burn to the ground…

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

What year was that?…I’ve been going to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days since 2009 and never seen an RV burn to the ground…I suspect that maybe the Super bike races draw a different crowd the AMAVMD…it’s mostly middle age guys on 50 year old pit bike and going to a swap meet…

OH!…that’s an idea what if we use the tent to host a swap meet!?!?

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

What year was that?…I’ve been going to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days since 2009 and never seen an RV burn to the ground…I suspect that maybe the Super bike races draw a different crowd the AMAVMD…it’s mostly middle age guys on 50 year old pit bike and going to a swap meet…

OH!…that’s an idea what if we use the tent to host a swap meet!?!?

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
What year was that?…I’ve been going since 2009 and never seen an RV burn to the ground…
Probably around 2003. Could be a year either way. I might have some old pics. Before digital was big. I'll see if I can find them and scan them.