Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Thanks @Kent R, might be something I take part in. Just have to make sure my job situation is cleared up by then. So how many of you on this thread plan on going? Less than a 5 hour drive for me, might have to head that way on Thursday, spend a night at Suwannee Music Park so I can get there early on Friday!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wellspring

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Rigs to assemble at a location a quarter mile or more away from the Expo.

Soon after 25 or more rigs arrive a convoy will begin (OB Parade). All members to attach a OB flag or banner to their rigs.

Once the convoy arrives at the campsite the rigs are to form tight rings (dart board pattern).

A large Solo Stove to be placed in the center of the convoy ring for a communal fire with seating safely arranged at a distance around the parameter.

OB Convoy Start Location (actual place, date, and arrive / depart times TBD) (support a local farm?)

Option 1:
Saunders Brothers Farm Market
GPS: 37.71664, -78.96819

View attachment 212764

View attachment 212734

Option 2:
Peavine Mountain Access
GPS: 37.72576, -78.80186

View attachment 212876

More details to follow.
Convoys? In most states convoys are illegal unless a permit is obtained. You aren’t planning anything illegal are you? That’s all we’d need is a big black eye for OB if citations were issued.

Reactions: TSO_NJ

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
Thanks @Kent R, might be something I take part in. Just have to make sure my job situation is cleared up by then. So how many of you on this thread plan on going? Less than a 5 hour drive for me, might have to head that way on Thursday, spend a night at Suwannee Music Park so I can get there early on Friday!
I just might go for the day, but camp out the night before near there, and then drive in to attend. I then would keep heading down to St. Pete. (have a house down there) seeing as I have done the majority of driving down to Florida already. Always good seeing like minded folks, shooting the sh*t, and hanging out with them!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Confirm, and I'll drive up then as well.
To get there Wednesday night I'll need to try and get at least halfway on Tuesday and find a place to crash for the night. Time to start planning my route!

I do have a question, if we get there Wednesday afternoon will we be able to camp onsite @Ohio Valley Overland? The ticket says we get premium camping Thursday thru Monday but I'm assuming you have some contacts no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wellspring

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
To get there Wednesday night I'll need to try and get at least halfway on Tuesday and find a place to crash for the night. Time to start planning my route!

I do have a question, if we get there Wednesday afternoon will we be able to camp onsite @Ohio Valley Overland? The ticket says we get premium camping Thursday thru Monday but I'm assuming you have some contacts no?
You have a place "to crash" - Our farm! Yes, we do have a two bedroom farmhouse, and you are welcome to stay.

Reactions: Viking1204

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I’ll be there for sure…thinking of bringing my 20x30 circus tent ….
Now that would be a site to see.
It’s not a big deal to haul it down…I just need a few folks to help set it up…we could host a campground party…I can bring smoke machines, a light show, PA system…the worlds first Overland Disco…all you got to do is say the word…my motorcycle club puts on the hell of a bash in the campground at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio in Lexington Ohio every year…come out and see the mayhem…7/22-24/22

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
It’s not a big deal to haul it down…I just need a few folks to help set it up…we could host a campground party…I can bring smoke machines, a light show, PA system…the worlds first Overland Disco…all you got to do is say the word…my motorcycle club puts on the hell of a bash in the campground at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio in Lexington Ohio every year…come out and see the mayhem…7/22-24/22
I say let's do it, I'll be there Wednesday afternoon to help you set it up!

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

It’s not a big deal to haul it down…
I just need a few folks to help set it up…we could host a campground party…I can bring smoke machines, a light show, PA system…the worlds first Overland Disco…all you got to do is say the word…my motorcycle club puts on the hell of a bash in the campground at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio in Lexington Ohio every year…come out and see the mayhem…7/22-24/22
I say let's do it, I'll be there Wednesday afternoon to help you set it up!
Let me contact HQ and see if they don’t mind and we can see how it all shakes out