Overland expo east 2021

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Ramman

Rank I
OB1

Member I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ram
Last Name
Man
Member #

Hi, I am thinking I am going to be going to this is anyone else going to be venturing out? If anyone has gone in the past If so I’m curious is it better to camp in the field or upgrade to a site? Do the sites allow fires or still same no fire rule? I wouldn’t be against a convoy of anyone was from the north east. Let me know I know it’s far out but o well.

Reactions: Lil Bear and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Off-Road Ranger I

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Hi, I am thinking I am going to be going to this is anyone else going to be venturing out? If anyone has gone in the past If so I’m curious is it better to camp in the field or upgrade to a site? Do the sites allow fires or still same no fire rule? I wouldn’t be against a convoy of anyone was from the north east. Let me know I know it’s far out but o well.
@Ohio Valley Overland is organizing a OB group camping area at Expo East, you might message him for details

Lil Bear

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

I want to hit this expo on the way up the east coast in October. Not sure if it will time out right but is a "soft" plan at the moment.

Reactions: Ramman

jeepinjeepin

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Wallburg, NC, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Ham Callsign
NC4WD
I’m in a similar boat. Coming up from central NC. Do the wooded sites have tent pads or just tree roots? I’d probably hammock camp anyway. But, if you convoy and check in together would your sites be adjacent, or is it assigned at registration time, or is it first come first pick.

Ramman

Rank I
OB1

Member I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ram
Last Name
Man
Member #

From reading what they saying on FAQ the grassy Field camping the only way to camp together is to enter together. If you show up at different times you can wait for your party. But no idea about the upgraded camping

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Off-Road Ranger I

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
From reading what they saying on FAQ the grassy Field camping the only way to camp together is to enter together. If you show up at different times you can wait for your party. But no idea about the upgraded camping
@Ohio Valley Overland is a volunteer for Expo so he has permission to get a group camping area. The last event he had 20-30 rigs and still had lots of space.

bucksandbrews

Rank I
OB1

Member I

Wake Forest, NC
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

I plan on heading up there from Wake Forest NC. If anyone plans on heading up form that area would be down to convoy with Thursday night/ Friday Morning.

Reactions: jeepinjeepin

Agards1011

Rank I

Contributor II

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Making the drive from Florida. We got the forest camping upgrade but thinking about canceling and doing the OB site instead. Looking for a good place to camp half way to split the drive up. Any ideas?

Shadowe's Black Pearl

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Duryea, PA, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Romanczuk
Member #

Good morning ya'll,
I am new to overlanding and welp this Overland Boarder
I am very interested in attending this event where is more info on location date and such.