Overland Expo East 2019.. In Virginia!

• HTML tutorial

OldColt

Rank 0

Contributor I

I was going to go, booked the time off work and on the same day I was preparing to buy tickets they announced the Exit 311 Festival lineup on the same weekend and while I've been to Overland Expo West and East a few times I've never seen GnR or Def Leppard live so my plans changed.

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

I was going to go, booked the time off work and on the same day I was preparing to buy tickets they announced the Exit 311 Festival lineup on the same weekend and while I've been to Overland Expo West and East a few times I've never seen GnR or Def Leppard live so my plans changed.
No kidding!! I’ve seen GnR never Def Leppard. If I had ever gone to either expo I’d probably change my plans.

chinsH3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Never been to an Expo, so forgive the newbie question: If I was bringing my rig and my wife for the "Overland Experience" package...its $375 for the rig and I, and an additional $320 for the wife?

Vypurr

Rank 0

Contributor I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
H
Will there be any local trail rides and stuff? I'm not so interested in classroom activities or talks, but some instructor led rides would be cool!

Would I be better off buying a couple day passes if I just want to camp Fri-Sat?

Msfitoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it
375 to camp and attend ? Wow they really like to make money off people
Ya that's what I said too...a bit rich for me...even the Saturday day pass for two is costing us $80:frowning:

Arishtat

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Central MD, USA
Member #

Will there be any local trail rides and stuff? I'm not so interested in classroom activities or talks, but some instructor led rides would be cool!

Would I be better off buying a couple day passes if I just want to camp Fri-Sat?
If you want to camp on site you have to buy the camping pass. The day pass only allows you to visit during show hours which are 9:00am - 5:00pm.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I see $190. One person, one truck, one trailer, one motorcycle included.

That's not terrible.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Never been to an Expo, so forgive the newbie question: If I was bringing my rig and my wife for the "Overland Experience" package...its $375 for the rig and I, and an additional $320 for the wife?
I would skip the paid experience and just enjoy the walking around seeing vendors experience. That’s just me. I’m not saying some of the classes aren’t worth it but if you have never been you will be spending most of your time listening to people and not checking things out. If you camp onsite at least half the fun is checking out other people’s setups.

Reactions: Hafaday and Msfitoy