Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I joined this past weekend, so I'm doing what feel like a lot of "catch up" browsing.
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. I have a '16 access cab long bed Taco, so I'm likely to steal some of your ideas.
I also have the Diamondback cover and love it! I was curious to see how you made it all work.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I joined this past weekend, so I'm doing what feel like a lot of "catch up" browsing.
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. I have a '16 access cab long bed Taco, so I'm likely to steal some of your ideas.
I also have the Diamondback cover and love it! I was curious to see how you made it all work.
Welcome to OLB, I just got home from an awesome OLB trip to the Mojave desert with about 13 rigs, so much fun. Yeah steal any ideas, Tacoma’s are such great platforms for Overlanding with

Reactions: John Bishop

underdog493

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Haysville, KS, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I know you have since upgraded to 80/20 version of your setup. Can you give an update on how it was holding up when you sold it? I plan on building one for myself and I am concerned if it will be sturdy long term.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I know you have since upgraded to 80/20 version of your setup. Can you give an update on how it was holding up when you sold it? I plan on building one for myself and I am concerned if it will be sturdy long term.
It held up great and had no issues whatsoever. I sold it to a guy who lives nearby and have not heard anything negative from him since, half-inch ply is plenty for that build. So I say go for it :-)

Reactions: underdog493

underdog493

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Haysville, KS, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Hill
Member #

It held up great and had no issues whatsoever. I sold it to a guy who lives nearby and have not heard anything negative from him since, half-inch ply is plenty for that build. So I say go for it :-)
Thank you for the info! I got my boards yesterday and got the big cuts made in the store for free, I plan on doing the rest of it this weekend. I have my big drawer slides already so at this point I just need the “little” hardware to get it built!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thank you for the info! I got my boards yesterday and got the big cuts made in the store for free, I plan on doing the rest of it this weekend. I have my big drawer slides already so at this point I just need the “little” hardware to get it built!
That’s awesome! Have fun with the build and I’m sure you know but take extra care in making everything as square as possible. Cabinets live and die off of being square square square. It will make mounting the slides and drawers go smoothly and in turn operate smoothly. I glued and nailed all my joints and it worked really well btw

have fun!