Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Gonna build out my discovery 1 a bit. This is the second Disco 1 I’ve owned and I’ve also had a disco 2. I know their issues and how to maintain them (as much as possible). Gonna do a couple inch lift and larger tires at some point and Rock sliders. What would be your first upgrade to get it trail ready if it was in your garage? It already has a roof rack and I already own all necessary camping essentials, recovery straps and boards and hi-lift jack. I will more than likely never have a roof top tent on it. Also planning on a drawer system at some point so if anyone has a Disco with one some reference would be appreciated. Thanks again, glad to take part.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Brandon,

Welcome to OverlandBound!

Great rig. That is a 3.5 L V8, right?

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: LRdisco1

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Gonna build out my discovery 1 a bit. This is the second Disco 1 I’ve owned and I’ve also had a disco 2. I know their issues and how to maintain them (as much as possible). Gonna do a couple inch lift and larger tires at some point and Rock sliders. What would be your first upgrade to get it trail ready if it was in your garage? It already has a roof rack and I already own all necessary camping essentials, recovery straps and boards and hi-lift jack. I will more than likely never have a roof top tent on it. Also planning on a drawer system at some point so if anyone has a Disco with one some reference would be appreciated. Thanks again, glad to take part.
Hello Brandon, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Outbound community Brandon. After a few inches of lift I would say so good AT tires and get out and enjoy your life. You don't need a rock crawler to get out here.

LRdisco1

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Welcome to the Outbound community Brandon. After a few inches of lift I would say so good AT tires and get out and enjoy your life. You don't need a rock crawler to get out here.
I couldn’t agree more. My thoughts as well. Thanks Michael!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: LRdisco1