Overland Bound KY People who is out there?

• HTML tutorial

OverlandMigs

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Migliavacca
Member #

How about a Saturday morning at The Parklands (east end of Louisville)? Would like to meet and see folks’ rigs. Finally, great weather is here!

4runnerbill

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dayton, OH
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Timmer
Hey all,
Yes I'm from Ohio but a lot of my trips will be done around the Appalachian region as there is not much in Ohio, so I thought I would introduce myself here.

Planning to go camping at RRG this weekend and want to also visit the redbird crest trail. Anyone familiar?

KiltedMedic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Hey all,
Yes I'm from Ohio but a lot of my trips will be done around the Appalachian region as there is not much in Ohio, so I thought I would introduce myself here.

Planning to go camping at RRG this weekend and want to also visit the redbird crest trail. Anyone familiar?
The gorge is fantastic, keep in mind some areas are closed due to fire started from a camp fire the state is still under a no burn ban. Not familiar with the trail your looking at but if it's around that area it will be great.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Hey! Another OC family here. I’m Daniel and we just picked up our first Wrangler. We’d be interested in some treks and learning more about overlanding in general. We want to explore and get some beautiful pics. I feel we should start out easy and also balance the exploring with not beating to heck one of the two vehicles we need for work. I’ll keep it to me doing the major flexing for now.

My off roading experience is very limited. There was this one time in a 70’s Datsun Diesel 2wd that 4 of us picked it up whenever we got stuck and me being a dumb young guy in fields in a GMC Sonoma and a Z71. Oh, and the 78 Honda Civic, that one needed a tow truck and a LOT of cable.

I’ve made it to 46 and a lot wiser now. lol I was considering going to Redbird SRA in Indiana to try my hand at navigating an easy trail. Anyone here been there?

Reactions: KiltedMedic

kyana

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey! Another OC family here. I’m Daniel and we just picked up our first Wrangler. We’d be interested in some treks and learning more about overlanding in general. We want to explore and get some beautiful pics. I feel we should start out easy and also balance the exploring with not beating to heck one of the two vehicles we need for work. I’ll keep it to me doing the major flexing for now.

My off roading experience is very limited. There was this one time in a 70’s Datsun Diesel 2wd that 4 of us picked it up whenever we got stuck and me being a dumb young guy in fields in a GMC Sonoma and a Z71. Oh, and the 78 Honda Civic, that one needed a tow truck and a LOT of cable.

I’ve made it to 46 and a lot wiser now. lol I was considering going to Redbird SRA in Indiana to try my hand at navigating an easy trail. Anyone here been there?
A few people are going up to Brown county, Indiana this Saturday, the 9th. It's nice, lots of gravel roads, nothing crazy. And a few are going maybe to Redbird? Dont hold me on that on sunday, the 10th

Reactions: DadJokes

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
A few people are going up to Brown county, Indiana this Saturday, the 9th. It's nice, lots of gravel roads, nothing crazy. And a few are going maybe to Redbird? Dont hold me on that on sunday, the 10th
So is there a meet time on Saturday? I may be able to go to both.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Found the thread. Thanks for the heads up. I think Saturday is almost certain and Sunday would depend on what trails are planned. I’m in an all stock Sahara 4dr.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Hey all, new here.
Just found the Kentucky thread.
I'm in Louisville & would love to link up with fellow members.
Did that meet up ever happen at the Park Lands?
Great to see so many Kentucky folks chiming in here.
There was the Saturday Nashville, IN meetup and Hoosier National Forest drive and the next day a couple others and I met at Interlake State Rec Area in Indiana for some easy off roading.

I’m new as well and in Oldham County. Stock 19 Wrangler. I need recovery options first and foremost in addition to tires and Rubicon takeoff lift.

Last edited:

deputydog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Holden
Member #

I am heading to Land Between the Lakes Saturday, January 18th 2020 thru Monday January the 20th. I will be staying at the Turkey Bay OHV area. All are welcome to join!

OverlandMigs

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Migliavacca
Member #

Hey all, new here.
Just found the Kentucky thread.
I'm in Louisville & would love to link up with fellow members.
Did that meet up ever happen at the Park Lands?
Great to see so many Kentucky folks chiming in here.
Parklands didn’t happen b/c... well, I’m a lazy sales guy
Let’s do it, though

Pretty much any Saturday is good with me; I live in Lake Forest, super close by

KiltedMedic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Parklands didn’t happen b/c... well, I’m a lazy sales guy
Let’s do it, though

Pretty much any Saturday is good with me; I live in Lake Forest, super close by
Short notice but if anyone is interested in a informal meeting this Saturday after 2 pm at the cabelas parking lot I will be there returning from a instructor recert in Richmond. Let me know if there is interest and you all want to get to know fellow members in the area we can decide then on a formal date.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
I’d like to go but I can’t arrange someone to watch my kid. I’m definitely interested in Louisville meetups.

KiltedMedic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

So it seems the OB app is no more, had to log in through the website. Anyway closer we get to spring I was thinking a easy senic meet and ride would be good. Anyone with an idea what that should be please chime in.. Lol