Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hey I am headed up to the Expo that Friday from Jacksonville, camping Fri-Mon on site. Let me know when you're headed out we can get a group together.
For sure. I'll DM you later today so we can establish a game plan.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Thank you every one that came to the OB Meet n' Greet at Ace today! It was great time meeting most of you and we should definitely do this again soon! (Next time we will get out on the trails)

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Thank you every one who was able to show up at the Overland Bound Ace Cafe Meet n Greet! I think every can agree it was a great turnout and there were so many awesome rigs there to check out. I may hold another event at Ace Cafe in November, so keep an eye out for it!

IMG_1146.JPG IMG_1140.JPG IMG_1162.JPG IMG_1167.JPG IMG_1123.JPG IMG_1194.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1214.JPG

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

JX T.A.G.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

florida
Member #

Had a good time with my son Leo and met new friends from OB South East Region at Ace Cafe in Orlando. Thanks Nick Joseph for the invitation, it was a pleasure to meet you as well as Robert Hargrave, Danan Coleman and White_Wonderer. Danan I've lost my OB sticker.......

Reactions: Nickzero

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Had a good time with my son Leo and met new friends from OB South East Region at Ace Cafe in Orlando. Thanks Nick Joseph for the invitation, it was a pleasure to meet you as well as Robert Hargrave, Danan Coleman and White_Wonderer. Danan I've lost my OB sticker.......
Uh oh... we’re going to have to do another meet up then!

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I believe there's enough OB membership here to hold monthly meetups. I have read that other areas have regular meets, would be cool to get something like that going.

- Trail Meets
- BBQ Meets (meats?)
- Rig Show-Off meets

etc, etc...

What is necessary to actually chapter up and get organized? I dig learning from the forums and from getting out; I'd look forward to hanging with enthusiasts on the regs

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I believe there's enough OB membership here to hold monthly meetups. I have read that other areas have regular meets, would be cool to get something like that going.

- Trail Meets
- BBQ Meets (meats?)
- Rig Show-Off meets

etc, etc...

What is necessary to actually chapter up and get organized? I dig learning from the forums and from getting out; I'd look forward to hanging with enthusiasts on the regs
I agree with this. Much of the community is not active on these forums (for some unknown reason). Many of the OB peeps are on the regional fb pages and receive the news via that source mainly. --- The last meet I held a few months ago at Ace was a solid turnout. Hoping we can all get together soon and ride to the Blue Ridge Mountains or hit the North GA trails. I am all about testing my gear out on the trails and having a good time. I was thinking of riding up the GA Traverse over Thanksgiving break. Thurs to Sun.

Reactions: itarin

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

These sound like good times. And I guess I'll forever be in the semi-dark due to not FB'ing.

What about educational meets: winch/recovery workshop, hi-lift usage, comms, and so forth.

With membership/interest growing so quickly, I wonder if there's any benefit to have stuff like that going on.

I take classes (first aid/trauma) and search for interest groups (CB/ham) to learn from whenever I get new gear. Having a local (within 3-4 hours) source to share knowledge,b get hands on and explore/camp would be pretty cool.

Reactions: Nickzero and itarin

Floridaexpedition

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Altamonte Springs, Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Batt
Member #

just joined Overland Bound, i am a rookie in this hobby and have an extra mega simple Subaru Forester (2004) but adding equipment as needed slowly. Love to camp and meet people so i will see some of you guys on Sept. 1st.
Thanks for the invitation.......
It doesn't matter what you drive! You can drive a Corvette to the meet n' greet!

4x4 Corvettes encouraged.
that would be awsome!

Floridaexpedition

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Altamonte Springs, Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Batt
Member #

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
These sound like good times. And I guess I'll forever be in the semi-dark due to not FB'ing.

What about educational meets: winch/recovery workshop, hi-lift usage, comms, and so forth.

With membership/interest growing so quickly, I wonder if there's any benefit to have stuff like that going on.

I take classes (first aid/trauma) and search for interest groups (CB/ham) to learn from whenever I get new gear. Having a local (within 3-4 hours) source to share knowledge,b get hands on and explore/camp would be pretty cool.
Let’s put this together. Where are you located?

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I'm in Longwood
Okay cool. So an Orlando monthly meetup would be ideal for you. @Nickzero is moving to Colorado in a couple weeks and he’s the one that was organizing the Orlando meets. Would you like to take the reins from him and be the source point on these meetups?