Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
E8928143-F53F-4D8F-9262-F8B11872502C.jpeg AA95BD84-655B-47FE-BF0E-A3ECD22A2A80.jpeg 3B13D889-BDEB-4774-B28F-D21755F17500.jpeg 70A05F52-2C7A-4C5F-AC57-74C8A71FBF98.jpeg 1F0109EA-8ACC-4F26-8A75-009A35A397DE.jpeg I enjoy a good cocktail to close out a great night in the woods and as such have worked on an overland bar that brings along the comforts of home with enough to share.

I started with an Alubox 42 which was previously used for camera gear along with a trekpak kit for said box.

When you open the lid you will see an Equipt cutting board that is also used for the camp kitchen. This also keeps things from bouncing around.

Under the cutting board reveals access to mixers in the center and bartools/glasses flanking.

Below is a divider to keep the good stuff protected. In the pic you will see Madagascar vanilla bean simple syrup, tequila, and bourbon.

The last pic shows you all of the contents.

I’m always open to suggestions on what you have found are must haves or different ways of doing it. If you are looking for ideas I hope this helps fuel your overland bar build.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
View attachment 84879 View attachment 84880 View attachment 84881 View attachment 84882 View attachment 84883 I enjoy a good cocktail to close out a great night in the woods and as such have worked on an overland bar that brings along the comforts of home with enough to share.

I started with an Alubox 42 which was previously used for camera gear along with a trekpak kit for said box.

When you open the lid you will see an Equipt cutting board that is also used for the camp kitchen. This also keeps things from bouncing around.

Under the cutting board reveals access to mixers in the center and bartools/glasses flanking.

Below is a divider to keep the good stuff protected. In the pic you will see Madagascar vanilla bean simple syrup, tequila, and bourbon.

The last pic shows you all of the contents.

I’m always open to suggestions on what you have found are must haves or different ways of doing it. If you are looking for ideas I hope this helps fuel your overland bar build.
Very well done. Thank you for sharing.

I have numerous suggestions for you... Will be happy to go over them with you while enjoying an Old Fashioned from the bar. :-)

Reactions: Cort

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Old Fashioneds are my specialty. Those french oak cubes are to smoke the glass for a little extra touch.
What a nice touch! Always interested in a good Old Fashioned. I look forward to the day our paths cross.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
That's pretty rad! I keep it simple with whatever local craft beer I find on a trip or some of my go-to craft beers and keep them on ice in my RTIC cooler.
Not a bad option either. And one I’ve been known to employ as well...

I guess the perfect scenario for me would be a couple of quality craft beers while setting up camp and preparing a meal... Followed by a couple of “expertly made” Old Fashioneds during the evening hours... Generally to “enhance” the storytelling, and my level of “legend in my own mind” around camp.

After which, I am seemingly always reminded...

The first liar doesn’t have a chance!

:-)

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Not a bad option either. And one I’ve been known to employ as well...

I guess the perfect scenario for me would be a couple of quality craft beers while setting up camp and preparing a meal... Followed by a couple of “expertly made” Old Fashioneds during the evening hours... Generally to “enhance” the storytelling, and my level of “legend in my own mind” around camp.

After which, I am seemingly always reminded...

The first liar doesn’t have a chance!

:-)
Sometimes I don't have room in the cooler for the beer, so I drink it at whichever temp it settles at when I get to camp. Does that count as roughing it?

Reactions: Welding Goats

SouthernCross

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ann Arbor, MI, USA
First Name
Southern
Last Name
Cross
Member #

Spotted the Bundaberg ginger beer in there... definitely the best ginger beer in the world! Especially when you’re on the road.

BLACK_BETTY

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
Member #

Now this is something I can get behind. [emoji23] I have a decent collection at home and have been wondering what I will do as I like beer and the whiskey. And my wife is a bartender so I feel obligated to travel prepared.

I like the way you think. [emoji481] 20181112_230140.jpeg

Reactions: Welding Goats