"OVERBOARD" Waterproof gear bags

• HTML tutorial

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Those look pretty great, I've got a few similar products from a few different brands. They are my go to for gear packing no matter how I'm traveling. They stand up to airport luggage handlers and being strapped to the roof of vehicles all the same! I like mine with backpack straps for big loads. Ive got some from Patagonia, Helly Hansen and Latonka. They are all great.

Ryan_Blaire

Rank IV

Advocate II

Those overboard bags cost almost as much as my RoofBag.com 15 cu ft waterproof bag, three inner bags, extra straps, and duffle to store it all in. More flexible, but more time consuming to load, too.

http://www.roofbag.com/Car-Top-Carriers.asp
I like those! Definitely a Pro/Con situation. Pouring down rain, grab 2 bags and get inside vs. unpacking one big bag. But, one big one could come in handy. Plus its less conspicuous when all your stuff is inside one container...

Reactions: Steve

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

Like our @administrator , I use the SealLine dry bags from Cascade Designs - or similar - when camping, on canoe trips and generally when I want to keep things contained and dry. The clear ones are great for seeing what your digging for. I regularly use them for hanging food out of the reach of small and large critters (squirrels, raccoons or bears) when backcountry camping. I have everything from a 5L bag to the Pro Portage and Boundary Pack. I actually carried my wife in the Boundary Pack just for fun. It's 115L of goodness.

Reactions: Jube and Michael

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Those are some nice bags/totes but man some are salty. I bought some Plano (I think that was the brand) and i keep them loaded to toss on the rack if i need to go and they have never let water in, yet.. And they were $20ea.

Reactions: Ryan_Blaire

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

The Plano 1819 is what i use, got them at Menards for $19.99. May check there.