First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Landlubber,
I feel your pain on the electric Gremlins. Seems like that was part of the game on Dodges! If I had to guess, after the other things you have done, it’s could be the connection at the fire wall. That was common problem spot. I see in your picture of your truck you are missing the Ram hood head thing that lots seem to steal! To me, you’re truck looks great!

Just a thought, If you fly into Seattle, visiting your son, I could meet you there for a visit. Might even talk me into a trip to Coos Bay, OR. Just never know? Vance.
Reply continued.
Thanks for that offer Vance but I have planned this for a long time and since I have never driven the route to Washington on the mainland route it will be an experience and adventure for me. I plan to take it slow and see a lot of back road country and taking at least a week to drive there or more depending on how much trouble I can get in to on my way.

Then I plan to stay st my sons place for a couple of weeks or until I start stinking. The I want to make contact with you and see how much trouble we can get in to. From there to my daughters location somewhere around Coos Bay. I'll have my Scamp so there will be many camp site disbursed camping if the weather will allow. Then I will head to California, over to Nevada and Lake Tahoe- Moab, across to Falstaff, veer up to Utah for a peak, over to Colorado and back down to NM on every back road I can find.

That's the plan and I hope to keep it flexible and relaxing. The whole trip could be 6 to 8 weeks if I'm up to it. I should be seeing a vascular surgeon soon according to the VA. If they can fix me up I may get to fulfill all my plans. If they cant, I may just try it anyway and suffer the pain for the joy of the adventure.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
No not rust free but not horrible either was my daily driver for a few years but has been sitting under the carport for a few years now but moving up on the project list recently got a America auto wire kit for it I have completely rewire a couple vehicles before (67 camaro and a 55 chevy ) so the old truck shouldn't be a problem
For a truck that has sat for three years it looks good. The engine compartment looks a lot better than mine. Your paint has held up well too. Keep us up on whatever you do to it.

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

Sorry, your right ! --- I thought I was talking Dodge trucks with you and Vance.
We can.
We can make a new Thread for old trucks.
This one is for updates of my truck. I do not know how many people Honestly care, I enjoy sharing my progress.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We can.
We can make a new Thread for old trucks.
This one is for updates of my truck. I do not know how many people Honestly care, I enjoy sharing my progress.
My apologies Austin, I didn't realize the thread was for your posts exclusively. I will wait for your next post.

Reactions: Buzzard13