South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I am contemplating a week or more of camping and fishing somewhere around mid-October until November. I was around Hatteras and Ocracoke two years ago and it was wonderful. I really liked Ocracoke Is. Camping on the beach is not allowed on these upper islands like down below Ocracoke on the Core Islands but the campgrounds were pretty nice. Mid-October most of the beaches around Hatteras are open for night driving...and fishing too I guess, so not sure what the difference in fishing all night and taking a cat nap would be?

Anyway, I am open to most anything at this point. Taking the ferries to the Core Islands is more problematic it seems due to the reservations needed in advance, etc. And it's rather expensive, like $100.00 expensive! There's free ferry service to Ocracoke and the campground is nicer than some of the others I saw so I will probably end up there. I know Ocracoke got torn up pretty good last year by hurricane so I will have to inquire about their status. I also need to check the tides. It can get a little dicey during high tide events. Just wondering who in the area likes to surf fish and maybe someone with more experience can give me some guidance. I spent most of my last trip talking to all the fisherpersons (99.9% men) from all over the country than I did actually fishing but I did manage to catch a few. Jump in if you are inclined.

Reactions: Wallygator

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Let me know if you go. We are going for a week to Ocracoke from the 17th to 24th. We will definitley be around and hitting up the beaches and doing fishing. Wife and 2 kids (5 and 1.5)

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Never been there . I been and still going to Assateague . I might be interested as well depends on week as busy with work

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Let me know if you go. We are going for a week to Ocracoke from the 17th to 24th. We will definitley be around and hitting up the beaches and doing fishing. Wife and 2 kids (5 and 1.5)
If things go as planned I should be in the area along that timeline. I have a small aversion to making detail plans too far in advance. I try to keep things flexible for things like weather and other unpredictablities (life). There is a New Moon on the 16th that may mean good fishing that weekend. Are you camping? Do you have previous experience on Ocracoke?

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
If things go as planned I should be in the area along that timeline. I have a small aversion to making detail plans too far in advance. I try to keep things flexible for things like weather and other unpredictablities (life). There is a New Moon on the 16th that may mean good fishing that weekend. Are you camping? Do you have previous experience on Ocracoke?

I hear that! We are definitely going that weekend as our Son's School is "off" that week. We are staying at a house on the island for the week. (cough, wife and kids, cough, lol). But we've been to the island 5 or 6 times now, and its always a blast. I wouldn't say i'm an expert on the island but i know it fairly well.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
We are all booked for the week of Oct 18th in Ocracoke if anyone is still thinking of heading out.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was looking to go as well. I hope I can kids sports never allowed me get out I have be Sunday in Baltimore so will need to leave early .

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
No worries, I'm there for the week, just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone wanted to get together that might be out that way!

Robinwt1

Rank III

Contributor III

Starr, SC
First Name
William
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

We are staying in Rodanthe this week and we are heading out for some beach driving today! Love OBX

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I thought I would be there the middle of October. Now, it's looking more like into first week or two of November.