Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

A couple years ago(pre-pandemic) I was on youtube learning about DNA and human migration and followed the links to Australia and came upon this old, 80's-90's, tv show hosted by a Jack Abasolm. Jack traveled the Outback and gave tips on places he grew up or worked at and did paintings. In one episode he pulled out his homemade twig cooker.
I needed that cooker. In my blog I have the whole story of how I made not 1 but 2 of them. I gave one away.; Outback cooker

DSCF2904.JPGDSCF2955.JPGDSCF2957.JPGDSCF2979.JPG

Loanrangie

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Melboure,Victoria, Australia
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Robertshaw
Jack was awesome and love his TV shows, his stove is the fore runner of the rocket stove or bush kettle. I see there is a company that makes them a little similar to yours.

Reactions: Road

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I went on to watch all the shows by Jack I could find, great stuff! Those Stickman stoves look interesting(and modern), kinda like a campfire in a can. I see Jack's stove more like a Kelley Kettle.

Loanrangie

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Melboure,Victoria, Australia
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Robertshaw
I went on to watch all the shows by Jack I could find, great stuff! Those Stickman stoves look interesting(and modern), kinda like a campfire in a can. I see Jack's stove more like a Kelley Kettle.
If you like Jack have a look for the bush tucker man.

Swedish Iron

Rank I

Contributor III

UK
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Stanford-Beale
Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7TSB
Great find - not only the Twig Kettle but for the bit on Woomera (Bloodhound and Black Arrow!)
I have a Kelly kettle - goes everywhere with me
Going to watch the series for the survival hints!